Gps in 7" tablets

bluetoothound

Dec 13, 2011
Am trying to find the best 7" tablet with GPS, am going wifi .. Have looked at the acer, toshiba & samsung. Been to the stores & played with all of these, but the sales people are all over the place as to which one will do the best in the real world. Help! thanks.

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
my advice is to look for 3G or LTE and battery stamina and charging options while your on the go, especially if you wanna use GPS realtime and keep in mind that many (chinese) tablets might offer bluetooth, but only support audio profiles, if you wanna hook up an external GPS or 3G (eg better reception or longer standbye) make sure your divice has a full USB port

Last edited:

bluetoothound

Dec 13, 2011
thanks, am going to be using it in the car, so charging is not a problem. Am already getting soaked by V for our family plan, so am going to try to teather the tab to my droid x. Am just trying to find the tablet with the best GPS, am looking at the acer, but am getting a lot of conflicting info about the GPS in it.

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
most internal GPS systems have a weak(er) signal than external ones anyway, i dont think technological there is much difference, but they use more often Assisted GPS to be more efficient, which most people like to switch off, because they dont want to (or can not) pay the extra data, if your in a city w. high building blocking signal this will be the case or a country side you can do with only cell tower data and satnav (providing you have preloaded maps).