GPS Maps on sd card

Sep 8, 2011
Where can I get GPS maps on the SD card. for driving. can I use a map from my old GPS unit

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for that, but will this give me the driving directions like a GPS (tomtom)

Last edited:

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
That particular app does not exist for the android, Yet. I could be wrong, but I have not seen one yet. But I suspect that it may eventually be written. As people develop apps for the Android platform, which is still in it,s infancy. You never know, someone may be writting one as we speak.

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
That particular app does not exist for the android, Yet. I could be wrong, but I have not seen one yet. But I suspect that it may eventually be written. As people develop apps for the Android platform, which is still in it,s infancy. You never know, someone may be writting one as we speak.

A search for "Navigation" on Android Market yields a wealth of GPS Nav apps. (My tablet came with a Navigation app that works very well, including street-level views.) Of course, these apps are for tablets & phones with GPS.

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
If you have the latest Google Map app, it already support offline browsing. And there is an option for you to download maps for offline use too.

However, I noticed that Google Map app requires internet to open the app. Though, once open, you can use it without internet. Try it...

Otherwise, I recommend you to use Maverick. The downside with Maverick is you need to manually download maps, meaning you need to manually visit the map location and zoom level you want to see, before Maverick will download the map into SDcard.

If not, there are paid GPS navigation apk that stores the entire map on the sdcard, like Navigon.