GPS software tomtom apps or alike ?

steveallen

Dec 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

My tablet : Huawei Ideos S7 Slim ( S7 - 201 u , shipped from Sunrise - Switzerland)

I am looking for a GPS application ...with full maps ( not an internet apps like google included...wich need internet to works...) if there is any working with my tablet / android ?

Tks for repply. Steve from France.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The new version of Google Maps and Navigation supports offline caching of maps, so internet is not needed. Just look over the route/area you will be going to and you will be fine. Otherwise there are several different apps you can get from the market that work very well. Otherwise, congrats on the new tablet, and welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Peter

rafterjp

Apr 30, 2011
Try CoPilot. Maps are available for offline use. I have Live 8, the version before the current one, and find it to be very reliable. Has an annoying idea that you cannot possibly be in a large parking lot, you must be on the nearest road. Sometimes this "quasi tracking" method causes it to miss the fact that you took an exit until you've turned the corner off the ramp. Other than that it works great. Maps are updated occasionally. TTS is pretty good.