Gps ....Vizio Tablet setup question

bassucus

Sep 19, 2011
Looking for instruction on "How to setup gps on my vizio tablet." My understanding was when I bought this it worked just like a Car GPS. It works OK when you have a signal at home , but when you get in your car it locks up.How to I set this up to navigate. Do you have to use bluetooth on you phone? Thanks I didn't see a forum for Gps questions..if there are one please move to where this needs to go. I new and this is my first question. Thanks

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
There is true GPS where an adaptor connects with the satellite signal. The GPS that you have at home relies upon wifi signals from your router and may or may not use other methods (triangulation via cell phone towers or prompts to help ) .

bassucus

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks, I heard the were apps out there where you can DL maps and use like a gps in a car.I was hoping this was the case. But haven founf it yet. Thanks for the reply.

merlin13

Nov 26, 2011
One thing you can do is to use Google maps to cache maps in areas you know you'll go to and then it should work. I tried caching maps and it worked fine, but I haven't tried it on the road yet but I will soon.