Graphic Issue on TF201

b0ttledstars

Jul 7, 2012
My tab just came back from the service center and the situation didnt improve and in fact, has worsen. Thescreen will always flicker, and after it is back fr the service center, it got worse and flicker even more. Even as the simple use of polaris, the left side of the screen will flicker in the edit mode. My download bar also keeps flickeringand now, even theback arrow will flicker in apps as well. i wonder if anyone has the same issue and i need advice and help please!!. thanks!

Jaydon

Feb 16, 2012
I also have these glitching issues. Games keep freezing on a screenshot and bounces up and down but the sound continues like the game is continuing. Dark meadow, freezes on white screen. Shadowgun freezes 30 seconds in. Gun bros is closing on me. Black ops zombies freezes before 2nd wave. YouTube app some times has lines on the left side of the screen as well as the menu icons. I've tried to do a cold reset, i think that's what it is called, & it sometimes helps temporarily. But some of the game don't play regardless. Its been since the .28 update that I've had these issues. So far, i think the only fix may be to root and use a custom Rom. I would like not to need to do that though with my tablet. My HTC EVO 4G is rooted but mainly so i could use wireless tether for my tablet. I am still using the stock Rom. Any body else have an answer or advice? I would love to hear it. Also if rooted, what is the best Rom, best user fri3ndly or most stable. Thanks in advance, Jay

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My tab just came back from the service center and the situation didnt improve and in fact, has worsen. Thescreen will always flicker, and after it is back fr the service center, it got worse and flicker even more. Even as the simple use of polaris, the left side of the screen will flicker in the edit mode. My download bar also keeps flickeringand now, even theback arrow will flicker in apps as well. i wonder if anyone has the same issue and i need advice and help please!!. thanks!

I think you may either need a hard reset or maybe even a factory reset. Did they say they did anything to the tablet when it was in for repair? Did the tablet come back with everything still installed?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
@Jay

I think you absolutely need a factory reset. You have at least one app that is causing problems and it is likely to only get worse unless you start over. When doing the factory reset do not tell your TF to sync with anything when you set it back up. Only (re)install apps in small batches with a simple restart bnetween batches, say 5 at a time beginning with the most essential apps.