great deal at costco onn the a500

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I bought mine from staples with the 16g internal.I had no idea they had a 32 version coming out so soon, for 450$ and I was just about 3 days out of the 14 day window to return it when I went to costco and saw they have a great deal
32 internal with the case for 479$ I paid 39$ for the stupid case for mine +450 $ for the 16G

Well i wont buy anything from staples again. They would not do anything for me. As I suspected but I had to try. Costco has a 90 day policy.

Kinda bummed I wanted the 32G unit.

Gotta love technology.

Now if i could find a reasonably prices 32 micro sd for this thing it would not be to bad. But every one i saw was like 89 or 99$.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Instead of complaining about Staples, look around at other stores.
Acer has done very well at locking in the same retail price everywhere this tablet has been sold. I don't know how they do it, but they also don't give away review samples, which is why Andorid Central and some of the other Android sites won't even review this tablet. They are all waiting for Acer to cross their palms with free units.

Acer was the first-est with the Most-est. While all the others were leaking rumors, or delivering a trickle of 10.1 inch tabs Acer was delivering. The have out sold all other 10inch Android tabs together.

They didn't have to reduce the price.

Now they will have to, since Costco always manages to score huge purchases (sometimes via dodgy purchasing practices), and they will start to set the prices, and Acer will have no choice but to drop the prices.

So it wasn't Staples fault, or Best Buy (where I bought mine). It was your fault and My fault for buying when we did.

Get a 16gig fast MicroSD card, and be happy with your device. It didn't somehow become defective just because a better deal came along.

Edit: Only buy Class 4 or better MicroSD cards. Especially if you plan to store movies on it.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Costco will often throw something in for free too, like an sd card, or case or car charger.

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
i was not complaining about the device just that I saw a better deal and wanted to let people know so they did not make the same mistake I did. I agree that's the price you pay for being on the bleeding edge of technology.

I like my device very much. I am looking for a good deal on a 32g card

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I like my device very much. I am looking for a good deal on a 32g card
Did you check the Newegg link I gave you in the second post? They're usually pretty good on cards etc.

JPaul

May 27, 2011
I ordered my 16gig from Amazon as a package deal with 32 & 16gig sd chips. Total was$ 506.48 delivered.

I plan on using it mostly as a work tool with only productivity type apps. The internal 16gig is fine since I can easily move things to the 32gig sd chip or flash drives.

I certainly do not regret getting the 16gig model. I'm thrilled with it. I can create Word files with pics (even taking pics with the tab when necessary), edit pics, create CAD drawings, send to Dropbox, emails, web etc.

JPaul

cord1

Jun 7, 2011
I was in Costco today and I have been eyeing the Acer 32gb with the case bundle @ $479.99, it's the best deal going... I have had good luck with Acer notebooks as well as their netbooks ie 1410 dual core rig. Time to hit the Amex card again ....

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I ordered my 16gig from Amazon as a package deal with 32 & 16gig sd chips. Total was$ 506.48 delivered.

I plan on using it mostly as a work tool with only productivity type apps. The internal 16gig is fine since I can easily move things to the 32gig sd chip or flash drives.

I certainly do not regret getting the 16gig model. I'm thrilled with it. I can create Word files with pics (even taking pics with the tab when necessary), edit pics, create CAD drawings, send to Dropbox, emails, web etc.

JPaul

Can you tell me what cad sw and word processing you use?

I am interesting in looking into getting some.

I need a good graphics editing one too. Something like Photoshop but does not need to be that advanced on this device.

Thanx

JPaul

May 27, 2011
Can you tell me what cad sw and word processing you use?

I am interesting in looking into getting some.

I need a good graphics editing one too. Something like Photoshop but does not need to be that advanced on this device.

Thanx

I'm using:
AndCAD for basic 2D drawings
QuickofficeHD for wp
PicSay Pro for image editing
Send to SD card
File Manager HD
UnZip
Dropbox
Download All

Those are the main programs.
JPaul