Great fitting silicone case for coby kyros 7022

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
So I saw a post where 0TechNinja0 tried to fit a samsung gravity silicone case over the coby 7022 so I decided to try out the same from monoprice.com. While there I found a case which had thinner sites and looked like it would not have to be put in upside down so I bought it.

The case I bought is the silicone case for galaxy tab with fingerprint pattern ($2.85)
You can see all of the cases for galaxy tab's here

Here is the black color I bought
For only $2.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Silicone Case with Fingerprint Pattern for 7 inch Galaxy Tab - Black | Galaxy Tab Cases

I only had to make two cuts one for the speaker on the back and one to expand the left rectangle large enough to fit both the usb and hdmi port. The case already exposed the headphone jack, micro sd jack, charging port, microphone, and camera. I kept the menu/home and power buttons hidden as they function perfectly. Case is a tight fit and has been great for a couple weeks now.
IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

TCJ1981

Aug 23, 2011
Thanks for the good review. I ordered one yesterday. I ordered a galaxy otterbox defender case for my 7022 hoping it would fit, but come to find out the corners are more rounded on the galaxy tab as opposed to the coby. Really close fit, might have been able to make it work with a dremel, but I didn't want to attempt it on a $22 case.

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
I found the Otterbox Defender case on eBay for 10.95 Free shipping. I will try to modify it to see if it works well as I definitely like the protection it offers to my phone. Follow up to come shortly.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
just ordered one of these a bit ago. it'd just be nice to not have to worry so much about my tablet slipping out of my hands or off the treadmill.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
cool i didnt know monoprice made cases for Tablets. Ive brought many cables from them in the past...

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Not hijacking the thread, but Monoprice looks to be pretty awesome! I'd never heard of them until I read this thread. I'll definitely be ordering from them when I rewire my living room wall where my entertainment center is. In the meantime, back to skinning the Coby....

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I only had to make two cuts one for the speaker on the back and one to expand the left rectangle large enough to fit both the usb and hdmi port. The case already exposed the headphone jack, micro sd jack, charging port, microphone, and camera. I kept the menu/home and power buttons hidden as they function perfectly. Case is a tight fit and has been great for a couple weeks now.

nba1341 what did you use to cut that with? Good job, btw.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
nba1341 what did you use to cut that with? Good job, btw.

I used an exacto blade knife set I had from harbor freight with a bunch of different shaped blades.

And yes monoprice is awesome I discovered from from someone mentioning a screen protector on here and now I have bought a lot of electronics and cables from them. I usually search monoprice before anyone else

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I used an exacto blade knife set I had from harbor freight with a bunch of different shaped blades.

And yes monoprice is awesome I discovered from from someone mentioning a screen protector on here and now I have bought a lot of electronics and cables from them. I usually search monoprice before anyone else

Alright! Another HF fan! I don't know how many hundreds of $$$ I've spent there on toys...I mean TOOLS. :)
I'm eagerly on my hdmi conversion cable now from monoprice. Can't wait to examine the Black Friday ads on the TV!
Anyway, I think I'm gonna get this same skin. It looks really good and I like the way the silicone would keep the thing from sliding around when I have it lying on the dining room table trying to finger swipe across it.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
i've had the skin on for a few weeks now. my wife and i go to the gym, and i find it particularly handy. previous to having the skin on, it would slide around while i was on the treadmill - annoying to say the least.

with the skin, it never moves once. as posted above, yes, the silicone skin does get in the way of some of the ports - i do not use any other than power, headphones (USB once in a great while), so it was not a huge problem to me.

overall, i'm incredibly happy with the price, quality and results! :) i'd strongly recommend this skin to anyone that has a Kyros 7022 and is tired of it sliding around.

jgrimm

May 29, 2012
Good thread with good info. Thanks!

Just ordered two of the monoprice fingerprint cases for my 7022's.

whitepelican

Jun 18, 2012
I have to say I'm not too impressed with the Monoprice fingerprint case. It was certainly a good price and it almost fits right, but it doesn't stay attached very well along the long sides of the 7022 tablet. I'm getting rid of it and searching for a folio case now. Luckily it was only a couple of bucks down the drain.

If anyone has any recommendations for a folio case for the 7022 I'd be interested to hear them. I'm thinking about buying a cheap Kindle Fire case from Amazon to see how it works out.