Green Android laying down and a red triangle with an exclamation point inside it...

S_Gaskin

Aug 9, 2012
Now there is a blue bar underneath the android... Come on, I know someone out there can help me; am I the only person who's gone through this?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
That is the stock recovery, and the firmware update (.zip file) on the external SD card is not a valid firmware update, so you get this message.

Are you trying to do a firmware update?

S_Gaskin

Aug 9, 2012
No, my tablet was working perfectly until this morning when I woke up and it was stuck on my apps screen. I turned it off and tried turning it back on but it stayed on the Acer screen and its been acting that way all day. I'm just trying to figure out what to do next....

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, my tablet was working perfectly until this morning when I woke up and it was stuck on my apps screen. I turned it off and tried turning it back on but it stayed on the Acer screen and its been acting that way all day. I'm just trying to figure out what to do next....

Try holding down the power button until the tablet turns off, usually about ten seconds or so. Then try to power it back on. If that doesn't work you may need to try a factory reset. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...set-a500-what-acer-support-wont-tell-you.html

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I tried this and as soon as it says "Erasing Cache" the tablet itself turns off and on then it gets stuck on the Acer screen again.

I would say to try the same thing 2 or 3 more times. It couldn't hurt and might help. But make certain you look at the instructions again as you may have missed one, (or not).;)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If it won't finish the wipe and boot loops, you will want to call Acer support and check with them about doing a manual firmware flash. It may have an issue with the firmware installed. Worst case, you could have a problem with the internal memory partitions and it may need to go back to Acer for repair.

S_Gaskin

Aug 9, 2012
Also try plugging in the tablet for a couple of hours or overnight to make sure it has the battery to make it through the restore process.

I tried the factory reset again a couple times and it did the same thing so right now it's off and I'm letting it charge; maybe that could be the problem it isnt finishing, like you said. I also called Acer Tech Support (TRASH!) and they told me to go to the FAQ. Really? Smh. My next tablet will NOT be an Acer. Lol.

S_Gaskin

Aug 9, 2012
If it won't finish the wipe and boot loops, you will want to call Acer support and check with them about doing a manual firmware flash. It may have an issue with the firmware installed. Worst case, you could have a problem with the internal memory partitions and it may need to go back to Acer for repair.

I'm gonna let it charge for the night and try to rest it again tomorrow, if it doesnt work I'm going to send it in to Acer.