Greetings and a Request for Assistance

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hello All, I have obviously just jumped on board this fine forum, though it is not without a purpose. I have done a significant amount of searching all over this and other forums and I am still at a loss. I have tried several different tactics unfortunately my brand new NookColor is now nothing more than a ClockworkMod Recovery Screen.
So here's the rundown; ver.1.1 autonooter, no problem.
installed CMR, reboot into recovery, no problem
back up in CMR, no problem,
wipe data/factory, no problem
flash nookiefroyo, latest 0.6.7, no problem
reboot from CMR, problem.:mad:
Every time it boots back into recovery. I get the "touch the future" the "n" blinks for a second and the back in CMR. I have tried the 8 restarts hard reset, no go. Bootable Froyo, no go. I am not unfamiliar with the ADB route but at this point I don't know where to start.
So any and all assistance is appreciated and sorry if this info is somewhere else on this forum please believe me when I tell you I have looked.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Follow the 'Removing CWR' threads either here or over at XDA to get Clockwork gone. Once you get it off, you should be able to do the 8 Interrupt restore to factory path. Then repeat above steps except don't do the Froyo thing, too unstable still.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks Cap, I'll head over right directly. It never even occurred to me to try and get rid of CWR. I'll keep you posted.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I will. Waiting on the dl right now. Kinda funny I went round and round the first time I rooted my Aria too, Unrevoked was still a bit glitchy. But now I do all kinds of **** with my phone. I just don't want a $250 paperweight. The Nook community is a little smaller, though no less enthusiastic, than the Android "phone" community. Cheers.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yea, but we're only a few months old at this point... give the NC a year or two and see how wild we become. Of course, we'll all be talking about our NookColor 3D's and waiting on Android 12 roms by then I'm sure.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
No dice.
Alright so here's my problem, what if anything do I rename the Clockwork image. The download is .tar.gz when I write the image with win32disk it leaves the sd unrecognizable to my pc so I can't copy the restore.zip on to it. Also how do I know if I am booting from the sd as all the NC will do is boot into Clockwork. So I have no way of knowing which drive I am booting from.
Alright tried eight ways to Sunday and nothing.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I am sure of that its just the baby steps at the beginnig can be a bit painful and awkward.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Ok to clarify a bit. I have read through and followed darmeen's instructions as much as I can but as I said no way to determine if it is booting from the sd or internal memory. No way to copy the restore.zip(anyone suggest another image writer I am using win32disk) I am on a win7 pc but I have access to just about any hardware os combo you can think of. Ubuntu, Chrome, I even have a Mac laptop running Tiger somewhere. I just want my NookColor to work.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
now i have a paperweight. :( no boot nothing no screen no future no nothing. Awesome, I have owned this for less than 6 hours and it is useless. #$@%#^^&@**@&! If any one has any ideas please, please, please help me.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Have you run out of charge in the process? If it gets low it will shut down. Try letting it chrage for a couple of hours without doing anything and then see if you get to the boot loop again.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Will do, it was fully charged when started and I am running out of juice as well. I am just really scared I bricked it after all this crap. Thanks again to everyone. I will keep you posted. But as of now I can't even get into clockwork.

klfaulk

Jan 15, 2011
Many a "bricked" Nook have been recovered. Keep your chin up. I'm betting like so many before you with "bricked" Nooks, soon you will have a useful, rooted Nook. Maybe not tonight, but soon. You both need a rest and a fresh, charged start in the morning.

The devil is in the details...the tiniest of details.