Greetings and a Request for Assistance

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks man I appreciate it. I am exhausted and still actually have some"real" work to do before I can really crash. Oh well hopefully a fully charged battery and a fresh perspective will make all the difference. Cheers.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am sorry I missed this thread...

Localstain...the tz file can be opened with winrar (or winzip, 7zip...I guess).

the img file needs to be extracted from that...

Don't worry, you haven't bricked your NC...get your sd card prepped with the image and stock zip file...put it in the NC and hold the Power button for a bit (I think its like 15 to 20 seconds) I will go make the changes on my thread to reflect the unzipping part.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hey Thanks darmeen. The others indicted that you were the man in this area but being a noob to the forum I didn't want to pm you out of the blue. Almost all my experience on the android forums has been an healthy helping of patience and someone will come along with a solution. So thanks again for the updated information. The NC is charcing I and getting ready to recharge myself as well. I will post back in the AM with an update. And my sincere thanks to those of you who have helped so far. Good night and Good luck. BTW love the avatar.
tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500.gif
"Hi Lloyd, little slow tonight isn't?"

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
So much for patience and a good nights sleep....

Fully charged, no nothing. NO boot, no Clockwork not even a flicker on the screen. Someone please help me.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Try different button combo's...the first is hold down the 'n' and the power.

Use your USB into your comp and when the light lights up on the cable, try the 20 second press on the power key.

If those don't work, Pres Vol +, N, and Power.

Also, try it with the SD card in, and with the SD card out.

Mine did this eternal sleep thing a while back (because I was messin around with it no doubt) and after a bit, I got it to come on, but couldn't remember exactly how.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I get where you are coming from but honestly I have tried every combo I can think of, including some that may be illegal, heh heh, and still nothing not even a flicker. I just don't understand. I am certain if I can at least get it to power up I can get it fixed. Alas it does not want to turn on.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah so I am now resigned to the fact that my NC is broken. I am thankful for the positive attitude displayed by forum members however I have tried numerous combinations of the recovery methods listed here and at XDA and no dice. The NC refuses to power up. Every button combination, plugged, unplugged, two different sd cards, format, reformat. I just am not having any luck at all.
I am unbelievably grateful to those who have tried to help and I am still willing to try any suggestions. I am just really depressed about this. Not giving up yet, just depressed. I cannot afford a $250 paperweight. I really can't.
At least it will look nice next to my Aria with the cracked screen that went swimming last summer. Wait scratch that the Aria still boots into CM6 even after the soaking and the cracked screen. Tee Hee.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Like I said, don't give out hope just yet. We have had many come here with a 'brick' and eventually, it gets figured out.

Besides, if we can't figure out how to get access into your nook, neither can barnes and noble. ;)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I haven't lost hope just yet I am just hoping for some more suggestions. And as much as I agree with you about the B&N thing I would not hold out hope that if I contacted them for a return that they would not be able to determine that something had been altered. Then I am really screwed, ie no warranty and still in possession of a brick.
It means a lot to me that you guys keep responding to my posts. I am a noob to this forum but not to Android. So please keep e posted if you uncover any other solutions I can try. Meanwhile I will keep trying.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Well right now, there is no down side to taking it back to them...if they said, 'you did this, we aren't covering it' then you are exactly where you are if you do not take it in.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok..Here are some random ideas, don't know if any will work....

-Plug into charger for 15 mins, then hold power and "n" button.

-Plug into computer for 15 mins, then hold power and "n" button. Let us know if your compture recognizes the device.

-Burn an autnooter image to an sdcard, like one would do in the normal root process. Then Insert into your device while power is off. Plug Nook into computer via usb. Wait 10 mins or so, unplug, turn off and remove sdcard and reboot. If you can get it to boot up then, do 8 interuppts and erase and deregister device, then come back here at let us know if you have a clean stock unrooted device.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
AHAHA, Yeah I guess you are right about that. There is one very significant problem with though, I had this shipped to me. I live, well rural doesn't even cut it, on an island. The nearest B&N is 7 miles across the water, and another 75+ miles after that. So just running to the store is not really an option(it would actually cost me half the price of the NC just to get there). I don't know what the protocol is on their end for devices that are sent in in this condition but I don't see them being in any kind of hurry to send my bricked NC back to me. And then I am out my NC my $ and a little bit more of my soul goes sloshing down the drain.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Welcome to the party Stevl. I have tried numerous combination of boot sd's and button presses and the "revert to stock" thus far has been unsuccessful. It will not turn on at all. I will try some of your timed plug-unplug combos next. I have to run out for a bit maybe track down a new uSD just for the heck of it. I will be back soon refreshed and ready for a new assault. Thanks Again Guys (and gals tough to tell B->)