Greetings Guys and Gals!

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet' started by thecaringkind, Apr 19, 2011.

1. thecaringkind

thecaringkind Member

Tablet / Device:
    ViewSonic gTablet
    Hi everyone. I am expecting my new gTab from Amazon this Thursday and am really looking forward to the whole experience. I read up ALOT on the gTab and its rooting possibilities and hope that I can follow instructions well enough to get to the heart of the device's true capabilities. I have an original iPad now and its going to become the wife's after I get the gTab properly rooted, flashed and ready to go. I do have one question though. Does it matter what version firmware is loaded onto the device before you root? I know that the newest OTA update was released by Viewsonic recently, however I want to make sure not to update once I receive my gTab just in case it may cause issues with proper rooting for a newbie like me. Heck, I jailbroke my iPad, but this is a different world for me so I wanna get it right.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

2. Fuganater

Fuganater Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

Don't upgrade to the newest OTA version. You will have to flash back to a previous version. Read all the stickies we have put up. They will tell you exactly what to do.

3. thecaringkind

thecaringkind Member

Tablet / Device:
    ViewSonic gTablet
    Thanks very much! I had an inkling along those lines. Please try not to laugh too hard at an old man but 'stickies'? I will check out any information available to get it done. Thanks again.

4. Fuganater

Fuganater Moderator Staff Member

Stickies are the posts "stuck" to the top of each sub section. They are full of extreamly important information. Check the Viewsonic g-Tablet sub sections and you will see that the top few threads are highlighted with a light green and say "Sticky:" beside them.