Gtab 10.1 on sale next week for $299

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
Here we go again.... maybe another 5000 units sold like woot.com.
The comunity its just getting bigger.

rfanch

Apr 3, 2011
Yes sir!! I've got a funny story. late friday night, I decided once and for all, that using my Kindle as a web browser/email reader.. is a JOKE! so I'll sell it while it's still worth so much right now! (aamzing isn't it?) I was set on a Nook. especially when I found a guy on ebay to 'jailbreak' it and install all the custom roms/bios that I want

then, I got my snday morning email.. and i see this viewsonic on sale at tigerdirect!!

Im like HOLY ****, that's 3" bigger than this stupid lil nook!!! what's the problem with it?? (seriously that's whats going thr my mind..) how on earth can it be so cheap?

after a lot of research Ive' come to the conclusion that they had a bad lancch due almost entirely to a fscked up user interface. they have all the hardware they have all the capabilities.. the interface was just, too bad!! they never could make up for it. even if, their hardware is fantastic and as a competitor to the ipad, it's an excellent choice.. so.. the only way they can get back in the game is to sell it for a terrible price (for them anyways!! :) i have a feeling.. they'll move a LOT of prodcts this way especially if they can /or have already fixed the standard normal interface!

but, that's never been for me. thank god for.. Vegan and the like. The ebayer that I bought my Viewsonic from.. sold me a brand new, pre-root V-G unit for $340.. Vegan pre-installed. I gather- this will be the Os that I want to stick with, for a while.

I have a couple of questions though: when I do want to update the os (say iim still on vegan( how easy is it? will they give me direct update links like how win 7 does it?

ALSo..

I have a droid X on it, I have a tethering program (that technically.. is against the rules) but, I didn't have to root the device to make it work.

now it was nice for my notebook but for ths Viesonic.. this thing could be a lifesaver! I read one post somewhere, where a gy said he got his Droid X connection tethered working with a viewsonic.. so I am excited. is this the case??

I've ordered tons of accessories.. the most important I think, is the deck unit.. with charger/usb/hdmi everything else. now I'm set!!

Last edited:

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
My buddy just got the one off of Tigerdirect, after playing with my Wooted g-Tablet. LOL I say my buddy...actually one of my employees....what a brown nose. :)

davidukfl

Nov 21, 2010
I talked to a rep and they said the sale doesn't end on the 9th. They are gonna be $299 till they sell out. Compusa stores included

sent from my nook color using tapatalk pro