gTablet 10 advise

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Dears,
I would like to buy gTablet 10 with 16 GB, 3G and GPS installed, I found it in some online stores like Amazon but without any mention for 3G / GPS.
Your advise is appreciated.
Regards.

RAWArtifacts

Dec 11, 2010
If you search for "GPS" with handango.com the general store that comes with viewsonic G-Tablet you will find a few apps to download most for $$$.
Cheers! Robert

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Dear WTang,
Is it possible to connect gtab 10 to the internet via Nokia 5800XM 's Bluetooth connection?
Pls advice
Thanks.

mobius999

Mar 11, 2011
Your best option is to tether your G Tablet to your smartphone. Since your smartphone already has 3G, why pay for another 3G data plan for a USB modem? That's what I do. Look at this thread:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...iwsonic-gtab-purchase-question.html#post54531

To go one further, there are now several apps out there that will transfer gps information from a phone to an android tablet when tethered. So now you can have both. I don't recall the names, read an article on one the other day.

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Dear WTang,
Is it possible to connect gtab 10 to the internet via Nokia 5800XM 's Bluetooth connection?
Pls advice
Thanks.
I found a solution somewhere you will need the following:
1. Nokia 5800XM (GPS capable and running on Symbian)
2. ExtGPS (Symbian App that makes the GPS available through bluetooth)
3. GPS Mouse (Bluetooth GPS Driver for Android)
4. Google Maps (Generic Mapping Software)

This is how it should work:
a. use JoikuSpot to turn the Nokia into wifi hotopt to connect the gtablet to the internet,
b. use ExtGPS to share the GPS services with gtablet via bluetooth.
c. Use Google Maps on the gtablet to navigate
Follow the link to the original post http://androidforums.com/archos-tablets/214568-gps-working-archos-101-a.html 4 ur reference
Pls try it and give us your feedback
Cheers

Last edited: