gTablet 3389

tonyno

May 2, 2011
Hello I just got a new gtablet with 3389 version. What should be my next step?
What ROM is the best?
How do I get there?
I need access to Android Market, Flash, play games, surf net...

Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First, congrats....

Now, those are pretty subjective questions. G-Harmony is a great, stable ROM that has a ton of features and works really well.

you are going to need to do an update from 3389 anyway, so you also need to decide if you want to go down the 1.1 or 1.2 ROM branch. There are some great threads on the technical sub-forum for the g-tablet, you should check them out. Anyway you go, there are the full guides, and even some nice youtube vids to walk you though if you want to go that route.

cheers, and good luck!
Peter

tonyno

May 2, 2011
First, congrats....

Now, those are pretty subjective questions. G-Harmony is a great, stable ROM that has a ton of features and works really well.

you are going to need to do an update from 3389 anyway, so you also need to decide if you want to go down the 1.1 or 1.2 ROM branch. There are some great threads on the technical sub-forum for the g-tablet, you should check them out. Anyway you go, there are the full guides, and even some nice youtube vids to walk you though if you want to go that route.

cheers, and good luck!
Peter

What path will lead me to a stable tablet with Flash, Market, Skype, Games, Music and Video?
How do I update from 3389? to what exactly?
Is there an update available at Viewsonic that I will need?
Thanks and I appreciate it.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Tony, you really need to read the threads, and you need to read them thoroughly before you start. Trust me when I tell you that taking an hour or so now to read through Fuga's write ups will save you many many hours of frustration later.

In answer to your question, you have a g-Tablet, so g-Tablet ROMs will work. Right now you are on branch 1.1, so you have to use a 1.1 ROM. You will be able to tell if the ROM is 1.1 or 1.2 by reading the thread.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Yup. Please read all the Stickies. I put them there so these kind of questions are avoided.

tonyno

May 2, 2011
Tony, you really need to read the threads, and you need to read them thoroughly before you start. Trust me when I tell you that taking an hour or so now to read through Fuga's write ups will save you many many hours of frustration later.

In answer to your question, you have a g-Tablet, so g-Tablet ROMs will work. Right now you are on branch 1.1, so you have to use a 1.1 ROM. You will be able to tell if the ROM is 1.1 or 1.2 by reading the thread.

Thank You...I read the threads and followed the instructions. I rooted my tablet and put G-Harmony on it.
My question now is:
Can you save the ROM plus settings that I am using so I can flash another ROM and test it?

Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
As long as you put clockwork on iy, then yes. Boot into recovery, go to backup and restore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum