gTablet USB Connection

tonyno

May 2, 2011
I am plugging my USB thumb drive into the USB port in gTablet but it doesn't seem that the tablet is recognizing it.

Is it possible that this ROM (TnT G-Harmony) doesn't support USB?

Thanks

flast

Apr 24, 2011
Sometimes it can take 2-3 min to recognize and read the drive

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

tonyno

May 2, 2011
Sometimes it can take 2-3 min to recognize and read the drive

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

It is formatted to FAT 32...umm, it takes that long?
How would i see it?
does it pop up saying usb connected or something?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
It may with some roms... but typically you'll just go to your file manager (Astro, File Expert,ES File manager, bla bla bla) and back all the way up to the directory that has the "MNT" directorty within it.. in the MNT directory there are listed each of your "drives" (or so we'll call them because most people are accustomed to with windows).... you'll pick the one for labled USB.... it may be called a variant like usb storage... if you hit that you should find your files you placed on the USB stick....

tonyno

May 2, 2011
It may with some roms... but typically you'll just go to your file manager (Astro, File Expert,ES File manager, bla bla bla) and back all the way up to the directory that has the "MNT" directorty within it.. in the MNT directory there are listed each of your "drives" (or so we'll call them because most people are accustomed to with windows).... you'll pick the one for labled USB.... it may be called a variant like usb storage... if you hit that you should find your files you placed on the USB stick....

Thank You :)

MX21

Jun 10, 2011
I found I had to close the iFileManager utility and reopen it for it to read the USB. Shows up as usbdisk.

Edit: correction, it was just coincidence. seems to just take a couple minutes to show up.

Last edited: