H7000 7 Inch tablet reviews

timtak

Dec 17, 2012
I am looking for a GPS equipped china tablet for going in my (large) waist pouch when I cycle so I don't get lost, and to read ebooks, surf, and occasionally take photos/videos.

I got a SmartQ X7 which is a fast, well built tablet but the GPS does not work! I think that having a metal case does not help.

Since I would like to be able to use my tablet as a phone as well while on holiday, and since I keep getting lost on my bike, I would like to buy another tablet. They are fun!

I don't need thin or that fast. The smartq is more for a gamer, or video watcher.

I DO want USB chargable (i.e. charging while connected via USB cable) since I am often near a PC. I hate the way I need an extra charger for my smartq.

Dx recommended a Freelander PD10 of which there are many versions. They suggested the PD10 3G which has dual SIMS and the rest of what I need. Battery life is not great and the screen is the non IPS (i.e. lower viewing angle) variety. One DX reviewer says the low volume means it is not good as a phone, and another that it is a bit slow, and that its screen can't be used out doors.

I may get the Freelander, despite these drawbacks, but I was looking around lately and see that there are a lot of 'unbranded' H7000 MTK3877 7 inch tablets. "H7000" is also the name of a Hero 4.3 inch phone. Perhaps it is the same thing in a bigger case.

The advantages of the H7000 over the Freelander PD10 3G is that it comes in dual core, it is USB chargeable, IPS screen, and the battery can be taken out and and replaced! And as a bonus, the camera is 0.3 + 8MB / 5MB *AF* + 5MB SF. I know it won't be as fast/well built or slinky thin as a smartq but these features are more in line with my use.

Here are some of the places it is available (no affiliation!)
H7000 MTK8377 Tablet PC - $182.00
H7000 MTK8377 Tablet PC 7 Inch IPS Screen Android 4.1 3G GPS Bluetooth Dual SIM Card Monster Phone Dual Camera Black
http://www.***************/item/Sta...-7-inch-IPS-1280-800-Android-4/837690807.html
H7000 MTK8377 Tablet PC 7 Inch IPS Screen Android 4.1 3G GPS Bluetooth Dual SIM Card Monster Phone Dual Camera Black
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Tablet-MTK8377-Android-Bluetooth/dp/B00C2QOJZC
MTK8377 Android 4.1 7 inch HD(1280x800) pc tablet 3g dual sim H7000, View 7 inch tablet, OEM Product Details from Shenzhen Sister-Unit Technology Ltd. on Alibaba.com

One problem is that it has only 512MB of Ram and 4GB of ROM but the latter supplier above offers an option with twice that in each.

The other problem is that I can find no reviews of the H7000 tablet, or the latter supplier anywhere.

I trust Pandawill because that is where I got my smartq but they only have the 512MB version. Ah, the aliexpress seller also mentions the 1GB Ram/8GB ROM version, and I think that I can trust them since they are an aliexpress diamond seller. I am asking the price of the 1GB Ram/8GB ROM version now. But my next questions still stand....

Does anyone know anything about the H7000?

Particularly, does the H7000's GPS work!? I don't want to purchase another GPS tablet to find that the GPS does not work!

Last edited:

timtak

Dec 17, 2012
Aha, a video review
alas no test of GPS

another here also in italy but with English captions
which looks good even though it is the older version with only 2GB of ROM but again there is no GPS test.

Last edited by a moderator: