Had Tablet 3 hours, now i'm sick

chr2303

May 4, 2011
Just got some generic tab with an imx515. was running fine, did a firmware update with out backing up(total noob to this. i can do iphones, hd2s, xboxes ,wii's and computers pretty well. ) no i have no wifi and screen orientation is all messed up. can someone pls help.
used this link
http://blog.***************/2011/01/how-to-upgrade-freescale-a8-android-2-2-tablet-firmware/

Last edited:

JimLe

May 1, 2011
Just got some generic tab with an imx515. was running fine, did a firmware update with out backing up(total noob to this. i can do iphones, hd2s, xboxes ,wii's and computers pretty well. ) no i have no wifi and screen orientation is all messed up. can someone pls help.
used this link
Upgrade Firmware Freescale Cortex A8 Apad Android 2.2Tablet | Save money ,Enjoy Life

If you check the "sticky" threads in this forum, you'll see the reference to the XAUMOD roms. There are two of these, one for single speaker units and one for two speaker units. Using the wrong one results in... (wait for it) a g sensor problem that messes with the screen orientation.

It sounds like you got the wrong version.

chr2303

May 4, 2011
cant seem to find the right one. been looking since 12 pm. it is now 11:31 pm. almost 12 hours.

JimLe

May 1, 2011
Please describe your tablet. How many speakers, does it have screws on one side, camera or not, etc