Haipad M701 latest firmaware: Android 2.3 (2G Samsung, Micron 4G).

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
I'm owning a 4G HY, and the version of the file is actually Adobe Flash Player 10.2. I was able to install successfully, like the 10.1. But it doesn't really support flash. I visited sites like m.youtube.com and youku.com, apparently it will show up the player. But once you press the play button, it will go full screen as if opening the movie player included with the tab.

Anyway, just to add on this version is that. The battery tends to die out within 24-48 hours even with the rocker is at off position. And takes longer about 3 hours to get it fully charged. So not too sure what's wrong with that.

But on the positive note, is that I was able to do video calls on the latest version of Fring. Despite getting an error message stating that the video is not supported, just had to turn it on at the settings and start calling. But problem is that the recipient may view us upside down.

slatis

Mar 24, 2011
Ok i've been testing this build all night long and is great, for now i just have one problem, how can i fix the notification bar when i set the LCD density to 160? it is just all messed up.

slatis

Mar 24, 2011
BTW i've just realized that the calendar is not working, is there anyway to fix it? I really need it :s

In a closer inspection neither the calender nor the contact APK works, i have tried to install different version of those but none of them seems to work on this rom :(

Last edited:

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010
Hi,

Successfully upgraded my Haipad M701 Android 2.1 to 2.3. Eveything work fine except that my 3G doesn't work. Previously in 2.1 I'm able to use my 3G donggle to connect to internet. However for 2.3, I don't have any clue how to do that. Any advice from the forumer that successfully get the 3G working?

muonic

May 8, 2011
Hi,

Successfully upgraded my Haipad M701 Android 2.1 to 2.3. Eveything work fine except that my 3G doesn't work. Previously in 2.1 I'm able to use my 3G donggle to connect to internet. However for 2.3, I don't have any clue how to do that. Any advice from the forumer that successfully get the 3G working?

Can you find out if this version contains "pppd" by typing "busybox which pppd" in terminal emulator? If so, it may be possible to connect 3G via command line. That's how I did it in 2.1 (fw#1116). I'ven't tried upgraded it to 2.3.

Last edited:

pbienst

May 8, 2011
I'm the happy owner of a new M701 which came with this 2.3 firmware. In general, things work quite OK, but I can't help but wondering that the Wifi transfer speed is a bit on the slow side, even when sitting right next to the access point. E.g., playing youtube videos often pause due to buffer underruns.

I wonder if anyone else had similar experiences, or whether there is a more objective way to measure and compare this...

Peter

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
Can you find out if this version contains "pppd" by typing "busybox which pppd" in terminal emulator? If so, it may be possible to connect 3G via command line. That's how I did it in 2.1 (fw#1116). I'ven't tried upgraded it to 2.3.

Hi thanks for the response. but i got this message :-
FIX ME! implement ttyname() bionic/libc/bionic/stubs.c:360
pppd: no device specified and stdin is not a tty

pbienst

May 8, 2011
2GB version - tested on my 2GB M701-R with Samsung chips
WHAT WORKS:
Live Wallpapers (you need to pull LiveWallpapersPicker.apk from SDK and push it to tablet)
Would you mind giving a little bit more detail on how to do this? I downloaded android-sdk_r10-linux_x86.tgz, but it does not seem to contain that file...

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010

I remeber when my tablet in version 2.1. I do not need to use terminal emulator to connect my 3G. The moment I connect my 3G USB donggle to the tablet it will automatically connect.

ottatitti

Jan 25, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie, I bought a M701 tablet (ARM11-TELECHIP 8902) HDMI:

kernel: 2.6.29 @ cbsda CBServer # 185

Firmware:
2.1-Update 1

Build Number:
MID 1.1

Let me know how I can change the firmware 2.3 and if you can provide a guide to do it.? are not as practical and I saw that talk about programs like VTC Driver/FWDN_V7, clockworldmod, etc..
before I try and threaten to render useless the tablet, I ask you if you can give me a proper procedure, even to save my original firmware that is still pretty stable.

I downloaded the HAIPAD M701 HY 4GR Android 2.3, because I think my tablet is a HY? how do I know?

I saw that the application has already been done several times, but if you can be patient.

I thank you and sorry for my English

muonic

May 8, 2011
Hi thanks for the response. but i got this message :-
FIX ME! implement ttyname() bionic/libc/bionic/stubs.c:360
pppd: no device specified and stdin is not a tty
Thanks. So it does seem to have pppd installed. It might work the same way it does in 2.1. In 2.1 I have to perform connection manually via gscript since the default 3G setting in the 3G menu does not contain my country's telecom provider and I couldn't add it via its menu either for some reason. Hence, when I plugged in my huawei E1750, it just doesn't connect to my 3G network. Here's how I did in 2.1

- Install gscript from app market.
- create a 3Gscript, lets' call it "my3Gsetting" which contains the following line and change APN name (called "internet" in the example) to your APN name.
Code:
connect 'chat -v "" "AT" "OK" "ATZ" "OK"  "AT+CFUN=1"  "OK" "AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"internet\",,0,0" "" "ATDT*99# CONNECT"' 
/dev/ttyUSB0
nodetach
noauth
crtscts
debug
usepeerdns
defaultroute
noipdefault
novj
noccp
novjccomp
show-password
ipcp-accept-remote
ipcp-accept-local

- copy the above file ("my3Gsetting") onto "/system/etc/ppp/peers" via adb push

- create a "3G_connect.sh" script for gscript containing
Code:
cd /system/etc/ppp/peers
pppd call my3Gsetting &

- create a "3G_disconnect.sh" script for gscript containing
Code:
busybox killall pppd

- Now plugged in your compatible aircard (I use E1750) and wait till you see "X" icon on the top of the menu bar. Then you can go into gscript and run 3G_connect.

- To disconnect, just run 3G_disconnect.

Let me know if this method also works out in 2.3.

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie, I bought a M701 tablet (ARM11-TELECHIP 8902) HDMI:

kernel: 2.6.29 @ cbsda CBServer # 185

Firmware:
2.1-Update 1

Build Number:
MID 1.1

Let me know how I can change the firmware 2.3 and if you can provide a guide to do it.? are not as practical and I saw that talk about programs like VTC Driver/FWDN_V7, clockworldmod, etc..
before I try and threaten to render useless the tablet, I ask you if you can give me a proper procedure, even to save my original firmware that is still pretty stable.

I downloaded the HAIPAD M701 HY 4GR Android 2.3, because I think my tablet is a HY? how do I know?

I saw that the application has already been done several times, but if you can be patient.

I thank you and sorry for my English

Normally the one that comes without Remote, and is 4GB is HY version. Never the less it shouldn't be a problem if you use the 4GB firmware.

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks. So it does seem to have pppd installed. It might work the same way it does in 2.1. In 2.1 I have to perform connection manually via gscript since the default 3G setting in the 3G menu does not contain my country's telecom provider and I couldn't add it via its menu either for some reason. Hence, when I plugged in my huawei E1750, it just doesn't connect to my 3G network. Here's how I did in 2.1

- Install gscript from app market.
- create a 3Gscript, lets' call it "my3Gsetting" which contains the following line and change APN name (called "internet" in the example) to your APN name.
Code:
connect 'chat -v "" "AT" "OK" "ATZ" "OK"  "AT+CFUN=1"  "OK" "AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"internet\",,0,0" "" "ATDT*99# CONNECT"' 
/dev/ttyUSB0
nodetach
noauth
crtscts
debug
usepeerdns
defaultroute
noipdefault
novj
noccp
novjccomp
show-password
ipcp-accept-remote
ipcp-accept-local
- copy the above file ("my3Gsetting") onto "/system/etc/ppp/peers" via adb push

- create a "3G_connect.sh" script for gscript containing
Code:
cd /system/etc/ppp/peers
pppd call my3Gsetting &
- create a "3G_disconnect.sh" script for gscript containing
Code:
busybox killall pppd
- Now plugged in your compatible aircard (I use E1750) and wait till you see "X" icon on the top of the menu bar. Then you can go into gscript and run 3G_connect.

- To disconnect, just run 3G_disconnect.

Let me know if this method also works out in 2.3.

Hi thanks for the response. Well, problem is that when I connect my HUawei E220, it will not show the "X" Icon on the menu. But I do see it while I was back in 2.1. And when I tried running the script, it just show unrecognized option '/dev/ttyUSB0'.

May need to look for another alternative, whereby I tried using this method as well didn't really work. As I was still not able to detect my device
Solution: USB stick 3G-modem huawei on G Tablet (updated 2011/03/14) - xda-developers

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Normally the one that comes without Remote, and is 4GB is HY version. Never the less it shouldn't be a problem if you use the 4GB firmware.

Not exactly. The first 4 GB tablets used Micron chips and use the 2 GB Gingerbread firmware. Only the newer 4 GB use HY chips and must use the HY Gingerbread build. If you try to flash the wrong one it won't work.