Haipad M701 latest firmaware: Android 2.3 (2G Samsung, Micron 4G).

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Flashed my 2Gb version, added Calender and Sync.

Minus:
- Everything lower than 180 DPI does not work fine.
- No volume and home buttons on the taskbar.
- I liked the Keyboard from the previous version better.
- Calender shows a big green android above the the calender (very weird and annoying)
- Where is the MAIL program (GMail is installed, but no stock Mail program)

Plus:
- Fast
- Mali Graphics bug fixed
- Rooted

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@zittergie - you can always pull the Email.apk from the SDK and push it to your tablet.

How do you get the calendar to work at all? Google's calendar mobile settings seem to require a device phone number and SMS service through a compatible carrier. Also I don't seem to have a calendar app, just a calendar storage apk and homescreen widget (which, of course, never shows any of my calendar events because it doesn't seem to sync with my Google account).

I'm getting used to the higher dpi setting and realized I rarely used the taskbar volume buttons (kinda miss the "Home" button though). I thought the Gingerbread keyboard was a little weird at first but now I'm liking it.

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
@zittergie - you can always pull the Email.apk from the SDK and push it to your tablet.

How do you get the calendar to work at all? Google's calendar mobile settings seem to require a device phone number and SMS service through a compatible carrier. Also I don't seem to have a calendar app, just a calendar storage apk and homescreen widget (which, of course, never shows any of my calendar events because it doesn't seem to sync with my Google account).

I'm getting used to the higher dpi setting and realized I rarely used the taskbar volume buttons (kinda miss the "Home" button though). I thought the Gingerbread keyboard was a little weird at first but now I'm liking it.

Use this to install the sync calendar as well as contacts
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...oid-2-3-2g-samsung-micron-4g-5.html#post87053

Use this one for the calendar app
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...oid-2-3-2g-samsung-micron-4g-6.html#post88051

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
This community is such a great place! Thanks!

But I have to agree, what is up with that giant, distorted, green, USB-wielding Android superimposed on the calendar? At least it doesn't affect the Calendar widget on the homescreen.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010

I used these files and pushed them with adb to my tablet.
Works fine and syncs, but in the Calender I get a big green android with the USB sign in its hand in an overlay. It takes almost the half of the display. very annoying.
Anyone else with this problem. If I find a solution I will post it here.

Edit: Remember to read the forum before posting :) Should have seen that the same problem applies to offworld too

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
Funny. I don't seem to have that problem. Are all of you using 2gb version?

Or could it be the taskiller? Try disable it and see how it goes.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I wonder where that USB wielding green Android is coming from? I looked at the resources inside all of the Sync Tools, Calendar, and Contacts apks and he's not in there anywhere. So one of the XML files must be pulling it in from (I'm guessing) the USB mass storage syncing stuff since that's where I normally see that Android guy in all his undistorted glory.

@hopeless - yes, I'm on the 2 GB version.

Last edited:

slatis

Mar 24, 2011
Well i have just tested the calendar.apk and guess what? i also have that damn android man xD. Meanwhile im gonna use Calengoo :p

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
I have a Haipad M701 HY (4GB Hynix). I have installed the Android 2.3, but the touch doesn't works. (sometimes it's work and stop) Before the update it's woks normally. Why? :confused:

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
I have the same tablet and firmware but I don't have this problem.
I had a similar behaviour with 2.2 firmware but it disappeared with 2.3
Get sure to calibrate the touch properly
Cheers

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Does anyone have a working YOUTUBE for this version (2gb)?

OK: Found it using APPLANET. Works very fine, better then the previous version.

Last edited:
May 16, 2011
I have a Haipad M701 HY (4GB Hynix). I have installed the Android 2.3, but the touch doesn't works. (sometimes it's work and stop) Before the update it's woks normally. Why? :confused:

I have exactly the same problem on my 4gb Hynix, calibrating the screen does not seem to resolve the problem (does require an object more pointy than my finger as suggested above), it is quite intermittent, seems to be most common if the tablet has been asleep for a while. It only ever occurs for me at the unlock screen. The touch completely stops responding, but the device is still active, I can unlock with the buttons at the top.

Last edited: