Haipad with Android 2.2 Hot!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Thank you for posting the direct u.115 link!
the haipad pages seem to have broken down under the strain '^^
download finished and flash is in progress.
There is a new boot image while flashing. (telechips logo)

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
hey all is this supposed to be the android 2.2 ? and is this for the mid701-r? All i need is this to play flash 10,1 so my kids can play cbbc games and i can watch iplayer. I have not been able to access haipad site since yesterday evening.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
the processor of the haipad is not in the reccomended range for flashplayer 10.1 so i dont think it will be in there.
this is a early beta build as it seems. No Market or other google apps are integrated.

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
the processor of the haipad is not in the reccomended range for flashplayer 10.1 so i dont think it will be in there.
this is a early beta build as it seems. No Market or other google apps are integrated.
I have a HTC phone with 400mhz processor and that works well with flash 10.1 so i dont think the m701-r will have any problems.

vwtazz

Sep 12, 2010

My 550Mhz Droid plays flash just fine so i'm hoping this does too.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
First experience with this ROM is.... NO MARKET!!!... I am having tough time trying to calibrate the screen. Gallery isn't 3D like ROM #181. Screen flow is nice... very responsive on all menu... Needs more development. No You Tube.... can't seem to get into youtube website and keep bouncing back to search.... I am going back to #181. Haipad need to work on this more. I feel like I just bite a stale steak.... yikes.

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
First experience with this ROM is.... NO MARKET!!!... I am having tough time trying to calibrate the screen. Gallery isn't 3D like ROM #181. Screen flow is nice... very responsive on all menu... Needs more development. No You Tube.... can't seem to get into youtube website and keep bouncing back to search.... I am going back to #181. Haipad need to work on this more. I feel like I just bite a stale steak.... yikes.
Can i get a little more info, was this like the 2.2 with new images background boot image etc. What system is this for should i try it on my m701-r? thanks

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
from the Google translated 'about this download' text:
The firmware, as the progress of the problem, there are many drivers do not load: camera, GSENSOR, 3G, remote control are not take.
WIFI can be used, touch can be used, but the M701-R's touch may be a problem, as the project commissioning may be used when the touch screen version of the old, and 10 months of M701, M701-R are not allowed to be touched, the position reversed problem. We will improve in the near future and functions related to driver debugging, you need time, do please understand!
Give us some time to research and development, the recent commissioning as soon as possible will come out related functions, will you as soon as possible to experience ANDROID 2.2.
Yes, i belive this is guenine android 2.2,
no it is not optimized for the -R model, yes this is quite beta and the browser crashes when you try to open youtube.com.
3G, G-sensor, tilt sensor, camera, remote (for me the battery indicator).... all not working in this release

darzanebor

Nov 24, 2010
Can't calibrate screen working only two points on top-left-right corners, and stripped Froyo 2.2 inside, release just for release. I think they whant just say "Hey people we are working on Froyo 2.2 portage so wait a bit" I mean developers. :)

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
you can calibrate by tapping a bit over the lower points (about half a centimeter for me)
you may als be able to save a pointercal from a 2.1 firmware and restore it via ADB, then reboot. (did not try that)

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
How about the videochip? Do you have video and 3D?
If so, I guess it could be usefull for Asure and VeNoMouS.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
it played my 720p MKV without a hitch.
HDMI out did not work for me.
i did not try 3D accelerated games (no market and i dont have any here right now)
I think Asure and VeNoMouS will have a feast!
(damn, they will need energydrinks, beer and champagne for themselves and trinkets and chocklate for their girlfriends! Donate all you who want this done :D )

//EDIT: did try some games now, eighter my source is corrupt or none of them works ='( (iPingpong3D, Mini golf, Retro and Robo defense, Raging Thunder 1&2)
... on a bright side YouTube did work fine, on the darker side i could not login to my google account using the rest of the cyanogenmod 6 HDPI Google apps...

Last edited:

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
i guess it could be usefull for asure and venomous.
this sounds just like theirs and why would you put something out that partially works, i reckon they have just copied and tweaked all asure and venomous hard work.

Does the flash work i.e bbc i player or cbbc games? I am tempted to try it but it my 7 year olds tablet and if goes wrong she will kill me. I need to order my own.

Last edited: