Haipad with Android 2.2 Hot!

wowzaz

Nov 24, 2010
you can calibrate by tapping a bit over the lower points (about half a centimeter for me)
you may als be able to save a pointercal from a 2.1 firmware and restore it via ADB, then reboot. (did not try that)

I tried this and it does work but it never takes. I've been in calibration mode forever calibrating over and over it never says "calibrate success". Any ideas?

wowzaz

Nov 24, 2010
Was anyone able to flash back to older rom? I can't get into flash mode when the boot screen stays on the screen. I want to flash back to #133. In FWDN, I can't get the Nand data and MTD to be divided into 2 areas.

Help please!

Thank you!!!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hmm,
i made a backup of my old firmware with clockworkmod recovery before i installed this release so i just 'jumped back',
so i never encountered this.

if you want to try and install clockworkmod you might want to try my slightly modified install_recovery.bat
Code:
@echo off
adb push recovery.m701.img /mnt/nand/recovery.m701.img
adb shell sync
adb shell flash_image recovery /mnt/nand/recovery.m701.img
adb shell sync
adb shell reboot recovery

EDIT: I just realized that this sounds like a problem i had when i updated to #181 and wanted to go back again.
i think I used clockworkmod to format the boot partition, after that FWDN recognized the Pad.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Grab ADB from the package in the 'one klick rooting for Noobs like me' thread
unpack the Clockworkmod recovery (probably the m701 one ;) ) files to the same directory you unpacked the rooting package to.
start the install_recovery.bat and your pad should reboot within seconds to a recovery mode. (on the official Android 2.2 you need to use a modified install_recovery.bat (look above)
neo go with the 'menu' key to the 'backup and restore' section, choose with 'home' ([]).
select 'backup' and start it with 'home'.
it will create a 'clockworkmod' directory on your SD-card, inside is a 'recovery' directory and in that again a folder with the current system date and time, in that you can find multiple .img files that are the backed up partitions.
store them carefuly, you might need them one day ;)

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Darn, I was hoping when Haipad finally posted a "Froyo" it would be a full release with all the proprietary drivers working. This sounds like it is definitely a "beta" version. :( I think I'll stick with my fully functioning Android 2.1 tablet until they get their act together.

wowzaz

Nov 24, 2010
i'm running #133 again. Yayy!! it was a driver issue i think. it prompted me to update drivers so I did and voila. also I didn't have it plugged in to wall when I flashed.

DON'T UPDATE TO 2.2 YET!! AHHH! RUN FROM THIS UPDATE...WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
i'm running #133 again. Yayy!! it was a driver issue i think. it prompted me to update drivers so I did and voila. also I didn't have it plugged in to wall when I flashed.

DON'T UPDATE TO 2.2 YET!! AHHH! RUN FROM THIS UPDATE...WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

Which driver did you update with. I try to reinstalled the Ver 5.00 but can't seem to do the work.

mop

Nov 3, 2010
I think this update will cause more confusion than good.

They should release updates that offer MORE function than the previous version, not ones with lots of broken bits or betas.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Do you suppose it was the rumors of a November "Froyo" release that cajoled them into releasing it before it was fully baked? My question is why it doesn't have drivers for so many of the functions?

I can understand community roms missing features if the hardware uses proprietary/closed source code they can't get their hands on, but don't manufacturers typically have access to that stuff (if not internally, then through whomever is contracted to write their software)? Though maybe, as has been suggested, this really IS just a community rom. Regardless, Haipad shouldn't have released it.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Maybe this is their way of saying
'comunity, here you have the kernel, do the rest yourselves'
since developing a complete 2.2 firmware is quite work intense and they enabled the core components that where missing from the 'hacked' releases from the fan base.
so, now there is Video acceleration, maybe better integration of the 3D engine, and hopefuly some additional powermanagement features that android 2.2 has.
if they implemented this right then the rom cooks can probably rip out the real android 2.2 kernel and build upon that.

ozkanm

Nov 30, 2010
I have seen a new firmware dated 2010-11-30 15:14:03 on Haipad website www.haipad.com
It is linked to 20101022_
Has anyone tried it? I want to make sure that Haipad m1001 will support flash pages as promised with Froyo 2.2.
Did anyone tested flash after installing the previous firmware?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
it is android 2.1
It is a firmware for the m701-R so the remote controll should be supported
and according to the info on the download the only difference is that ithas a smaller font.
my experioence is that it has smaler icons (but still the same ammount of icons per page)
It uses the 'old' softkeys in the statusbar.
Internal revision number is #142

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Another 'official experimental' release from Haipad:
Google Translate
Google translated Release note:
This firmware improves the touch, gravity sensing; other functions are still debugging.
Welcome to try, any suggestions and questions, can email to us.
We will improve in the near future and functions related to driver debugging, you need time, do please understand!
Give us some time to research and development, the recent commissioning as soon as possible will come out related functions, will you as soon as possible to experience ANDROID 2.2.
original u115 Link:
tcc8900_mtd2.2.rar|
Multiupload mirrror:
http://www.multiupload.com/9KYRG0591N

I missed the opportunity to calibrate my screen the 1st time and could not find another way to do so but re-install the firmware.
Then the firmware crashed on me frezing the pad so i needed to use the switch.
also it seems i cant install clockworkmod recovery, it simply wont start.

//EDIT: works stable now.
Video is fine.
Audio is fine.
G-sensor is fine.
Camera works 'upside down' for me. (but hey, it works!!!)
W-LAN is fine.
No google apps. (market)
'back' button works as 'home' button (long pres opens recent apps list)
'menu' button does work as 'back' button.

filebrowser seems to be sluggish and slow, also i cant access the 'menu'.
installing wallpapers (also live wallpapers) can be done by a long press on the screen.
over all i like this release.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2010
Another 'official experimental' release from Haipad:
Google Translate
Google translated Release note:

original u115 Link:
tcc8900_mtd2.2.rar|
Multiupload mirrror:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I missed the opportunity to calibrate my screen the 1st time and could not find another way to do so but re-install the firmware.
Then the firmware crashed on me frezing the pad so i needed to use the switch.
also it seems i cant install clockworkmod recovery, it simply wont start.

//EDIT: works stable now.
Video is fine.
Audio is fine.
G-sensor is fine.
Camera works 'upside down' for me. (but hey, it works!!!)
W-LAN is fine.
No google apps. (market)
'back' button works as 'home' button (long pres opens recent apps list)
'menu' button does work as 'back' button.

filebrowser seems to be sluggish and slow, also i cant access the 'menu'.
installing wallpapers (also live wallpapers) can be done by a long press on the screen.
over all i like this release.

So are you saying this works as Android 2.2? and with Flash support?