Haipad with Android 2.2 Hot!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Here's the specs ;)
firmware - 2.2 update 1
kernal - 2.6.29
cbsdada@CBServer #183

Hey Cherryblossom.
The red line means you have a 'lemon' the android '2.2 update 1' is only spoofed because android 2.2 is based on kernel 2.6.32.
but since lemons are nice for making lemonade dont worry,
soon there will be a realy usable Android 2.2 firmware
and while you wait you have nicely working device.
(android 2.2 should be a little faster compared to your spoofed 2.1)

sakura1998

Dec 23, 2010
Oh well... Lemonade's fine (and my kid's Christmas presents work, so I'm not complaining ;-))

I have a WITS 7" MID A81-G/A81G coming soon for MY Xmas present (and, as I understand it, THAT is single malt whiskey - no lemonade ;-))

I was worried that I was going to spend my whole Xmas eve on a crash course in 'rom flashing' (if I've got the terminology right...) so that I could revert to 2.1 and present two working tablets on Xmas day, so I'm quite happy with the way it worked out...

Last edited:

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Guys

I have a 701 HY 4 Gigs (MID 701+) wich I flashed using the 20110111 firmware.

I'm pretty satisfied with that tab, but the only thing I miss is the ability to sync my calendar with egroupware, that is only supported starting with Android 2.2 (SyncML client)

I looked around for a working 2.2 ROM but no luck!

Are there any news on the official ?

Thank you

vbmania79

Mar 4, 2011
@keijames Android 2.2 works quite well on my Haipad 7" .
I cant tell you the size of the NAND in sectors since i do not get a errormessage when it works and dont know how to make android report the size in sectors.
The working 'NAND data.fai' file is 737.920 Bytes big
FWDN reports the NAND data file to be 1423360KB big. (mtd = 524288KB) so i gues that is 2GB internal memory.
ADB SHELL reports with the 'DF' command '/mnt/nand: 1422144K total, 64K used, 1422080K available (block size 16384)'

One not working 'NAND data.fai' i had was from the 30.11. Haipad firmware and was 1458816 Bytes big.
after making my own nand data fai it worked fine.

Hello Loonix.....
I have HaiPAD M701 TCC8902 model with version 2.2 froyo update and internal memory 4GB, but cant support 3G External Modem like I have one (Huawei E1850). The device should support 3G External Modem like Huawei E1750. I tried to flash the firmware of the MID with version 2.1 (eclair) as I see in the firmware update site (SHENZHEN HAINA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD---WWW.HAIPAD.NETss). I use FWDN_V7_v2.13 application download from that site. At the beginning it works fine, but after the end of update process with the message line "check CRC (E:\Master\............\haipad_bt\tcc8900_mtd.img) - Start!" its stack untill there. There is no done or successfully update message...I wait till 10-15 minutes but still the same...its stacked. Then I unplug the USB cable till show the red line message at the FWDN window with red highlight errors message " [ERROR] CFwdnDownload::Verify_ImageFile: "NAND Data" Disk Size is not matched.
[ERROR] CFwdnDownload::Verify_ImageFile: -Image's Disk=5709824sectors / Targets Disk = 5423104sectors
Download Sessions - Ending...
Download Session - End!
[ERROR]########### Download is failed! ############"

Was the error is cause by the size of internal memory that not matched with the update firmware?? Please help me to solve the problem...

Thanks for replying...

vbmania79

Mar 4, 2011
You said that you have Haipad firmware that match and suites to your HaiPAD 1458816 bytes big that works fine to your MID, could you please supply to me the link to download? Please help me...I break my MID so I cant boot the MID... Thanks once again Loonix...

vbmania79

Mar 4, 2011
Hi vbmania.
you have 4GB internal memory that measn you probably need 'HY' firmware like the firmware from here: Haipad M701-R 带蓝牙 HY固件 20.1.2011

Hello Loonix, thanks for replying...

I just bought the MID at Aliexpress site, the specification is here : Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 7" m701 Android 2.1 MID Tablet PC free shipping Express post. The model is not M701-R, just M701. I have confirmed to the supplier that the firmware is the latest version 2.2 but not support external modem like Huawei E1750. I notice at the Haipad sites that the previous version of the firmware can support that kind of modem so I tried to flashed it with the previous version I downloaded, but fancy me the process of the flashing not as smooth as I think and now I bricked my MID it cant boot as usual. I attached you the last error message as shown in the picture.

Is the firmware with the link you supply above can support external modem like Huawei E1750? Thanks again for your explaination...

Regards,
vbmania79

$Error Message.jpg

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hello again vbmania.
i cant say about the modem support as i do not have one myself.

the error you see is because you did not 'build' your own NAND_data.fai.
After the Pad is connected and recognized you can klick on the 'NAND data' field on the right, there select [...] and choose your old NAND_data.fai (or create a new one as you like) and save it (overwrite it if neccecery).
Then select 'Create Image'. you should now be brought backt to the first screen and klicking 'start' should flash the firmware.
If you get a CRC error close to the end you did use a wrong firmware (probably a normal firmware instead of a 'HY' version.

Dec 30, 2010
Download Center
Software Download >> Haipad M701 Android 2.2 version

Haipad M701 Android 2.2 version
Software language: Simplified Chinese

File Size: 60000
Finishing Date: 2011/3/8
Downloads: 28091

Download Instructions::
This firmware only Samsung 2G, Micron 4G. HY-chip version 2.2 we will introduce the follow-up
The basic function of the firmware has been perfect, right function is normal, the camera properly. Functions related to 3G yet, as research and development projects and personnel arrangements, the basic version of the firmware 2.2 was perfect until now.
This firmware there are many BUG, we can experience the speed of 2.2 is indeed much faster than 2.1, the software will be compatible with a good point. After some trial versions of all, find out what BUG, please contact us and we will strengthen in the following product-related functions. We have been working to improve, but time has been unsatisfactory, inadequate understanding of the requests to do!

I don't quite understand the message but here is the link:

1. http://58.tel.115cdn.com/pickdown/M...701_2.2.1.rar&key2=37382e3138392e3138362e3635

2. http://58.bak.115cdn.com/pickdown/3...key1=4d7650f8&key2=37382e3138392e3138362e3635

By the looks of the message it could be for 2gb and 4gb.
Good luck to all who sail her!

Dec 30, 2010
I don't believe it finally works for 2gb version haipad m701. Everything seems to work but I don't seem to have access to wifi. Maybe it has something to do with mine being an ly-f518. That could possibly be it. However it seems to function, a definite for download if you have been waiting. A few minor problems that should be resolved shortly but minor from what I could see. Video worked, avi files it read but no sound for me. I will check!

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
wow!

Has anyone tested this 2.2 Rom with the 4 Gb version?

I can't wait to flash it but the notes seems to say that the HY version will follow so this one should not work on HY devices : -)

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2010
It is still good for me but since mine is telechips but a different device mid701 apad type device "LY-F518" maybe this is why I am having the problems I am having. Some things I have found it sees the sdcard but does not have the program to search the sdcard unless I am missing this somewhere. There is a search tool but because the wifi on mine searches but will not see my wireless modem then it this is a problem since I cannot even search the internet with this search tool. the search tool has a apps search selection but just goes to a blank screen so doesn't allow you to see the files on the sdcard. Maybe there is definitely something i am overlooking unless haipad put this firmware out without the option to search the sdcard for a reason, maybe so that none haipad owners cannot use or mod this software. However, I am sure the die-hards can still mod it. The camera worked on one occasion took a picture and then failed on the second attempt. The wifi when I accessed it the first time I did see my modem but then I tried to put in my password and username for wifi and the thing just stalled, It kept saying would you like to wait since something that I cannot remember right now was not responding. It never showed my wifi connection since then. The pad is definitely quicker and I said it viewed the avi's and probably other media files too but the sound in one of the avi files was not present. The last thing I noticed was that now neither of the videos play and the sound is not present in both also in the gallery you can view ok in landscape mode but in portrait mode the files you can see grouped at the back you can't swing them around to the front area to be clickable. Twist to landscape and then it is all good. Overall I am impressed with the speed but annoyed at the same time I cannot get my wifi and the sdcard to show files, although as I sais it does see the files. As for loading on 4gb it is probably possible but it may show the memory at the lower end of the scale equivalent to the 2gb version. Someone may tell me this is a load a crap but I am using a non-haipad mid701 I have found out recently.

Goon83

Oct 19, 2010
Can someone upload the latest build? i can't seem to work out how to use that site/program. Just sits on idle and never starts downloading..

Also, am I best to use this official firmware or are the community supported versions better? If so, which should I be looking for?

Thanks,
&
Cheers!