half-bricked my Scroll Extreme : don't know what to do next

esteeven

Jul 23, 2012
Hello

Somewhat bored this afternoon, I decided to upgrade my Scroll Extreme tablet. I have been experiencing dropped network connections with it and a general sluggishnes. Seemed like a good idea at the time
wink.png

I have managed to install 4.0.4 / Cyanogen mod. Stupidly, I used a nightly build (9-20120721-UNOFFICIAL-907) - it worked but it didn't. I have no touchscreen. Luckily, a handy USB mouse has saved the day somewhat but I don't know what to do next. I have the compatibility .zip on my extsd but I have no idea whether this really is the solution and how to install it. I tired unzipping it where it is but, obviously, that did no good. I did hope for a minute though .....
smile.png

I have since downloaded 2 .img files and placed them on my extsd but I don't know how to install either of them (they are fro suggsy --- hopefully, that means something.) They don't appear when I power up and access ----whateverit'scalled---- by holding and releasing the volume key. I suspect I can only use .zip files form here as these are all I can see. Unfortunately, the other .zip files give me a signature error.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I've not been this stuck for a loooooooong time. I think I am secretly enjoying myself.

esteeven

Jul 23, 2012
UPDATE

I can't install ClockworkMod Recovery from Play. It says it is downloading but it doesn't.

kneerm

Aug 1, 2012
I also have simlar problem.

I flashed CM9 with no problem but in an attempt to clean things up I noticed that Titanium Backup showed bootloader 4.0.3 crossed out and decided to restore prior to uninstalling it as the unistall does not work directly. Anyway, it started restoring but would not complete and so powered off and back on.

Clearly, I have a corrupted boot loader as my scroll stays in boot animation. I cant reboot to CWM either.

I have Android Commander on my PC which sees the scroll via usb cable but shows it as not rooted (I guess that may be because it has not fully booted)
I tried the reboot to recovery from Commander but it simply attempts to reboot and stay on the animation screen. I cannot access my sd card

Can any suggest how I might resolve this?

Regards