Handwiting

Apr 18, 2011
It's quite easy to use. On your keyboard on the bottom left you'll see something that looks like a touchpad. Click there. Just use english block letters in the input area. It also accepts chinese input as well. I've had a lot of fun with it. Use the stylus as doing it without is a pain in the arse. I've found other keyboards that are faster personally but it's a neat little feature. Though I think it's geared more toward pictoral writing and not english.

Zeve

May 4, 2011
I did not like the handwriting recognition in the huawei keyboard. Grafitti works better for me (years of practice in Palm pdas.)

Last edited:

rafterjp

Apr 30, 2011
The bottom left of my Hauwei keyboard has a "minimize keyboard" button.
No selection available in the keyboard settings.

rafterjp

Apr 30, 2011
That button changes the output to chinese or something. If I hold it, then I get a shortcut to keyboard settings.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
not sure what keyboard phoenix is using..................... but i have tried the huawei keyboard and there is no button in bottom left except the minimize button. Even changing to the android keyboard there is no handwriting button, but there is voice input , but you must be connected to the internet for voice input.

Apr 18, 2011
$uploadfromtaptalk1305525553195.jpg
bottom left where you see en...tap it until handwriting input shows up as shown below
$uploadfromtaptalk1305525669353.jpg
It does whatever languages you have installed...if it doesn't come up see my reply to enable

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

rafterjp

Apr 30, 2011
Well I'll be dipped. I sure wouldn't have thought of handwriting as a language choice. Good job, phoenixrising. Thanks.

chan2011

May 3, 2011
I followed what's said, selected handwriting, and still am unable to get handwriting input. The keyboard button remains keyboard only. I am running the Norwegian rom. Do i need to load something else?

PhoenixMesa

Jan 27, 2011
S7 BB 104 2.2.2
When I input handwriting, the output is in Chinese. I have made sure all settings are english only and rebooted with no affect. Ideas?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks phoenix, that did it. Never would have looked in input languages because it was already set to english.

tested and writes in english, not sure why yours isn't.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Finally got it. I didn't read the instructions clearly, and had tried to use the keyboard to switch to handwriting. Now understand it's the same en key, and it works well. Looks like I can remove cantonese input app.