Happy International Coffee Day!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Today is International Coffee day, and here is how I celebrate it:
YOilYyG.png

Espresso, drip coffee, French Press, Arabic/Turkish Coffee and a Greek Iced Frappé.

The real star is the Breville Smart Grinder. I got it in February and it is just AWESOME. Grind from fine powder for Arabic coffee up to the coarse grind for French press with one grinder. Grind direct to a porta-filter for your espresso.

So, what is your favorite way to enjoy coffee?

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Recently bought an unboxed, clearance Mr. Coffee single serve brewer for $10 and thought I was quite lucky to save over $70. Then when I tried a few of the K-cup varieties, was disappointed. Not really an aficionado, just like my coffee every once in awhile!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Recently bought an unboxed, clearance Mr. Coffee single serve brewer for $10 and thought I was quite lucky to save over $70. Then when I tried a few of the K-cup varieties, was disappointed. Not really an aficionado, just like my coffee every once in awhile!

I have a Keurig and after 2.5 years if service it is still as good as the day I bought it. I descale it and my espresso machine about every 4 months to keep them in tip top shape.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
My daughter had been admiring Keurig machines for quite some time but was quite happy when I gave her the Mr. Coffee version. We both saw the Keurig logo on top of the Mr. Coffee machine and decided it would be a good, less expensive substitute. I agree that regular cleaning and maintenance are good ideas. Back in antiquity, I worked in an office that had an old style (back then model) coffee maker that I was in charge of. The supervisors set me straight one day when I proposed cleaning the pot!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Look up Terry Tate, Office Enforcer.

YOU KILL THE JOE, YOU MAKE SOME MO!

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
I agree, "You take it, you make it." ALWAYS leave/brew coffee so no one has an empty cup when they'd like some/little more. That's a given if you work in a restaurant, aboard a train, or with the airlines.(Flight Attendant/Pilot):eek:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a wee bit of the Irish Whiskey in the mornin' is a nice touch too!(smilz)