[HARD MOD] Added 500 GB harddrive + on/off switch for hard drive

jobslave

Jul 12, 2011
WOW!! That is great work. What brand is the hard drive? I have some soldering skills and would like to take this on. Do you have a step by step tutorial?

Aug 31, 2011
WOW!! That is great work. What brand is the hard drive? I have some soldering skills and would like to take this on. Do you have a step by step tutorial?
I decided not to post a step by step instruction. Here's why.

Soft mod can be recovered from. You cannot recover from a hard mod.

This mod really does take some very intricate soldering job. The places you need to solder are very tiny places. You will also need to cut apart your battery, desolder the battery from the serial ports, and resolder them into new positions. Again, there's a chance you could start a fire or fry your tablet if not done right.

Believe it or not, the OP actually has all the info you need to do this mod. If you do not see it, then it is best that you don't try this mod.

Normally, when I do soft mods, I'd be posting step by step instructions for anyone to do. Hardware mods are less safe. And a mod that's as major as something like this I definitely recommend against doing for most people.

If you want this done, just contact me. Otherwise, try to glean what you can from the OP.

And please don't take this the wrong way. I know the hardware inside out. And it is taking me an average of 2 hours per mod for people that have sent their docks and harddrives to me.