Hard Reset of a Yeahpad Pillbox7 Tablet

nabil.g

Oct 11, 2013
hi,
since yesterday, my Pillbox7 tablet hangs up at boot time. I end up with the Android splash-screen and nothing happens afterwards.
Since i could not find the manual for the tablet, I found a thread about this issue on the Stackoverflow forum, and it is suggested to reset it by pushing simultaneously power-on + volume-up buttons.
Unfortunately this seems to fail as it was reported by other people. Does someone know how to solve this issue?
Is this issue related to the Android OS or to the hardware itself?
I believe some updates simply screwed up things in my case.
thanks for your valuable help.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Well if your lucky you can try the key combinations to get into recovery and do a factory reset there.
Note: you'll have to keep trying to get lucky.

nabil.g

Oct 11, 2013
It does not work at all. It seems to be hopeless. It hangs up at the Android logo forever, whatever one pushes on... am about to throw it away now.
Well if your lucky you can try the key combinations to get into recovery and do a factory reset there.
Note: you'll have to keep trying to get lucky.

nabil.g

Oct 11, 2013
I finally came to the solution which is in three steps and it required to open the tablet (maybe not needed).
0- switch on the tablet...
1- then push volume UP and volume Down buttons simultaneously
2- select the factory reset (fortunately the tactile screen works :)
to convince myself this is the right approach, i did this twice... Other suggestions like push power on and volume up did not work for me.

It does not work at all. It seems to be hopeless. It hangs up at the Android logo forever, whatever one pushes on... am about to throw it away now.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi nabil. g, congratulations on getting your YeahPad working again and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets, and nice of you to let us know how you managed to reset that tablet.:eek: Enjoy your tablet and the forum.

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and fill in the Tablet / Device entry. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.