Hard Rest - Custom Rom and Wifi Issues

virtual2011

May 13, 2011
By the tablet PC via USB, no.
I installed the Android SDK but I can not handle it
Card sees the outer sdcard
USB flash drive sees

But I can not save (copy) anything on the internal sdcard.
I can not copy the standard software for installation

I do not have power, whether it is so difficult to upload a standard software ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) download my image
2) copy utopia.img on the USB flash
3) download http://rapidshare.com/files/433665807/usb_driver.rar . Install driver.
4) download http://rapidshare.com/files/433667713/tools.rar . extract the file to disk tools.rar D:\ on your PC. It was like D:\tools, and not as a D:\tools\tools

Connect the tablet to the computer via USB. on the screen of the tablet does not push. in the tablet to enable debugging via USB (The system - Applications - Development )

write the image to the device:

Start -> Run -> Cmd

d:
cd tool

see answer:
D:\tools>

write:
adb shell

We get the string "#"

dd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 (if the image is written to USB flash)or
dd if=/mnt/extsd/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 (if the image written to an external SD)

Press "Enter" and go to drink tea for 30-40 minutes :)

When flashing is over the line again Invitation will be:

Nothing is touching the tablet, press reset. (click paperclip in the hole near the entrance to the microphone)

dkzeb

Jun 18, 2011
Virtual you are a lifesaver!

Thanks man, this is the 2nd time you saved my ass!
But as i now seem pretty comfortable with flashing the card and all, ill get back to the whole honeycomb'ing - im really aching to see it run on the tablet, and spec's wise it should run okay
(considering the reports we're getting back from honeynook - nook color is about the same specs)

mikers

Jun 21, 2011
C:\>cd tools

C:\tools>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
#
nothing happens

2. copy utopia.img on the USB flash
usbflash connected to the tablet or PC?

Last edited:

dkzeb

Jun 18, 2011
are you connected via usb to the computer? or the adb commands won't work

mikers

Jun 21, 2011
yes, I am connected to the computer via usb

usbflash connected to the tablet or PC? ????

C - tools and system
E - usb flash - utopia.img
F - external SD
G and H - internal SD

I connect to an external SD (F) card only when USB, no internal G and H

Last edited:

dkzeb

Jun 18, 2011
@mikers
is the tablet working? cause if it is, there is no point in copying over the utopia image... unless you wish to revert back to the original firmware. you should just copy the wpa_supplicant file and let it be that. if you wish to restore to the original firmware then you should follow virtual2011's instructions on the previous page. I'm not sure if this is what he wrote but you could do this:

1. copy the utopia image to the external sdcard
2. do the "adb shell" command
3. you get a #-sign
4. use following command (be very very carefull with this and make SURE you don't mix up the "if" and "of" part
dd if=/extsd/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
5. at the # - type: exit and back at regular dos/cmd.exe write "adb reboot"

this will reboot the tablet and when it's done you will have a factory reset tablet.
this will also delete ALL of your data/music/pictures/apps and whatever you would have on there (internal NOT external). actually what this does is rewrite all data on the internal sdcard with the utopia.img --- the above is pretty much the same as what virtual2011 wrote.

regarding connecting to the internal sdcard. it will not show up in "My Computer"
you connect to the internal sdcard via. the adb commands - the dd command copies/flashes the image onto the internal sdcard. that's how it's done

@virtual2011
like i said in the previous post. you are a lifesaver.
the utopia image did the trick for me and like i said, im not really scared of playing around with new builds anymore since i have a way of returning to stock. but...

taking the tablet apart i must have messed up some buttons or something (maybe it's just not put in right)
the vol + & - and the "back" button doesn't work anymore. i could turn it down at first, but now it doesnt respond.
Do you have any experience with this or do i just have to pull it apart again and try over?

again thanks a billion for the files!

Last edited:

mikers

Jun 21, 2011
Tablet works, but
- No wifi
- There is nothing to copy
- I can not copy the wpa_supplicant, lack of access
- All the time is on no sleep
- Can not see the internal memory, 225MB internal memory

Moments and the tablet still lands in the trash.

I think I will return to the original best considerations, just as I do that?

virtual2011

May 13, 2011
yes, I am connected to the computer via usb

usbflash connected to the tablet or PC? ????

C - tools and system
E - usb flash - utopia.img
F - external SD
G and H - internal SD

I connect to an external SD (F) card only when USB, no internal G and H

1) usbflash connected to the tablet !!!
2) Connect the tablet to the computer via USB. on the screen of the tablet does not push. in the tablet to enable debugging via USB (The system - Applications - Development ) on your computer you should not see usb flash and externel SD tablet
3) C:\tools>adb shell
#
Enter command :
mount

if done correctly. if connected to a usb flash tablet.
see the following:
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/shm tmpfs rw,relatime,size=1024k,mode=777,uid=1000,gid=1003 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepa
ge=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,c
odepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:1 /mnt/udisk vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=
cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0 <----is your usb flash with an image

enter the command
dd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

Nothing is touching the tablet, press reset. (click paperclip in the hole near the entrance to the microphone)

virtual2011

May 13, 2011
if your firmware is terminat emulator you can not connect the tablet to the computer (in theory) :)
1) usbflash connected to the tablet
2) run terminat emulator app
3)
checks mount look what came in response to
4) dd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0(If everything is correct)

tablet should be - Rooted
in the firmware xaumod rooted (if not mistaken)

Esteriel

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks dkzeb and Virtual 2011 - what you guys know and have figured out is brilliant.

I bought a "Dawa D9" from a Hong Kong seller through eBay about 2 weeks ago. It was advertised with 2.2, but arrived with 2.3.3. I was happy until I found out it didn't work properly - similar problems to what dkzeb first reported. I spent hours trying to get it to let me log on to my Google account, open the browser or market, or even talk to my PC. Several options in "settings" were also missing (like accounts/sync and factory data reset).

I don't have your IT talents to rebuild the operating system or adjust the hardware, and finally emailed a complaint to Dawa Group in China a couple of hours ago. They replied within 10 minutes to say I had been sold a counterfeit machine and that they have never released any Dawa D9 tablets with 2.3.

If you guys (and Mikers) also bought from someone other than Dawa Group direct, and the machine doesn't have the Dawa name on the case, the mismatch between the fake hardware and the operating system might be the cause of the problem.

I know that it doesn't get me any closer to having a functional tablet, but at least I don't feel quite so incompetent any more.

virtual2011

May 13, 2011
Thanks dkzeb and Virtual 2011 - what you guys know and have figured out is brilliant.

I bought a "Dawa D9" from a Hong Kong seller through eBay about 2 weeks ago. It was advertised with 2.2, but arrived with 2.3.3. I was happy until I found out it didn't work properly - similar problems to what dkzeb first reported. I spent hours trying to get it to let me log on to my Google account, open the browser or market, or even talk to my PC. Several options in "settings" were also missing (like accounts/sync and factory data reset).

I don't have your IT talents to rebuild the operating system or adjust the hardware, and finally emailed a complaint to Dawa Group in China a couple of hours ago. They replied within 10 minutes to say I had been sold a counterfeit machine and that they have never released any Dawa D9 tablets with 2.3.

If you guys (and Mikers) also bought from someone other than Dawa Group direct, and the machine doesn't have the Dawa name on the case, the mismatch between the fake hardware and the operating system might be the cause of the problem.

I know that it doesn't get me any closer to having a functional tablet, but at least I don't feel quite so incompetent any more.

if your tablet firmware 2.3.3? please you do not delete it.
I am very needs a copy of your system
P.S:sorry for my english

mikers

Jun 21, 2011
1) usbflash connected to the tablet !!!
2) Connect the tablet to the computer via USB. on the screen of the tablet does not push. in the tablet to enable debugging via USB (The system - Applications - Development ) on your computer you should not see usb flash and externel SD tablet
3) C:\tools>adb shell
#
Enter command :
mount

if done correctly. if connected to a usb flash tablet.
see the following:
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepa
ge=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,c
odepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:1 /mnt/udisk vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=
cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0 <----is your usb flash with an image

enter the commanddd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

C:\>cd tools

C:\tools>adb shell
# mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered
0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered
0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:9 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:1 /mnt/udisk vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=
1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=is
o8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
# dd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
dd if=/mnt/udisk/utopia.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
_ - flashes

Is that supposed to be?

Now I wait 30-40 minutes?

There are no signs of labor

virtual2011 are great:) Everything on success
Thank you very much for your help
Thank you dkzeb

Last edited:

compufun

Feb 21, 2011
Hey Guys,

Is there any difference between the Utopia ROM and the ROM available from Padbbs.net?

I've bought 2 apad G10 tablets, one of them still has untouched factory firmware (never booted), i'm going to take out the sd (4Gb) later today and try to clone it, does anyone have an idea what freeware tool is best for this
so i can upload it for you guys, i now use winimage but a freeware tool to get an img is better for all of us...

I actually have only one problem with this device and that's the pincode it asks when inserting my 3G belgium Proximus sim, it just won't accept the pincode. I rooted the device but no luck.
I asked the supplier but according to them the ZTE internal 3G module should work in Europe. Anyone have a clue?

Thx
Compufun

Last edited:

virtual2011

May 13, 2011
Hey Guys,

Is there any difference between the Utopia ROM and the ROM available from Padbbs.net?

I've bought 2 apad G10 tablets, one of them still has untouched factory firmware (never booted), i'm going to take out the sd (4Gb) later today and try to clone it, does anyone have an idea what freeware tool is best for this
so i can upload it for you guys, i now use winimage but a freeware tool to get an img is better for all of us...

I actually have only one problem with this device and that's the pincode it asks when inserting my 3G belgium Proximus sim, it just won't accept the pincode. I rooted the device but no luck.
I asked the supplier but according to them the ZTE internal 3G module should work in Europe. Anyone have a clue?

Thx
Compufun

what version of the android on your tablet?
to copy the image you need to do:
1) use USB flash 8GB
2) make a as I wrote
command to copy is different:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/utopia_2.img

tablet do not need to disassemble