Hard to watch : Drop test of tablets

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I'm certainly not going to try a drop test like that on my Acer, but doesn't it have the Gorilla Glass. If so might it survive better than the others?

Gerry

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
haha it was a very informative video.everyone now knows dont drop tablets it will trash them.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
That's why you buy a protection plan at Best Buy!

Yeah, a tablet is one case where such might be worthwhile. But few are going to drop a tablet screen-first onto concrete or other really hard, bumpy surface as in that video. I've never even had my tablets outside when in use. That's a worse-case, unlikely scenario.

ScottW714

May 26, 2011
I wish they would have done a couple of typical drops, sliding off the couch or bed onto wood or carpet.

I will never drop my Acer from waste high onto pebbled concrete, but it almost bought the farm off my bed last week.

My Archos survived that drop twice.

dayjob

May 25, 2011
I dropped my Acer iconia A500 from my arms with no case right onto concrete. It hit a corner and then face down. No scratches or damage to the screen but some nasty scratches on the plastic edge where it hit first. It works like nothing happened also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I dropped my Acer iconia A500 from my arms with no case right onto concrete. It hit a corner and then face down. No scratches or damage to the screen but some nasty scratches on the plastic edge where it hit first. It works like nothing happened also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Thats good info....