Has anyone been able to get lcoation based services to work?

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
I noticed that anything that relies on location services does not work on the 7022. (In some cases programs that rely on location won't even install, such as FourSquare).

Has anyone been able to get this working or determine a possible cause?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I noticed that anything that relies on location services does not work on the 7022. (In some cases programs that rely on location won't even install, such as FourSquare).

Has anyone been able to get this working or determine a possible cause?

I have noticed that early on but I've been told you can tether a gps signal from your phone to a tablet. I'll go investigate that.

Sent from my coby kyros 70 deuce deuce.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
On a light note. I found an apk that will pull all the apps up in the market. I remember four square not showing up and it will after this fix. You may already have it. You think I should make a new post for it? I probably will.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
On a light note. I found an apk that will pull all the apps up in the market. I remember four square not showing up and it will after this fix. You may already have it. You think I should make a new post for it? I probably will.

At one point I think I did get it to show up, and it would go through the install process, and end in a message that said "not installed" or words to that effect. It's as if it doesn't like something under the hood, or is expecting something to be there that isn't.

I know my rooted nook acts pretty much the same (although on it, FS does install and run). If I boot an SD card with CM7, it works just fine. I seem to recall that using Google apps via CM7 allows you to tick a checkbox that says "Allow Google to determine my location via Wifi" or similar. I don't see that with the Coby for some reason.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
At one point I think I did get it to show up, and it would go through the install process, and end in a message that said "not installed" or words to that effect. It's as if it doesn't like something under the hood, or is expecting something to be there that isn't.

I know my rooted nook acts pretty much the same (although on it, FS does install and run). If I boot an SD card with CM7, it works just fine. I seem to recall that using Google apps via CM7 allows you to tick a checkbox that says "Allow Google to determine my location via Wifi" or similar. I don't see that with the Coby for some reason.

Its in the settings of maps but that doesn't fix it unfortunately

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

karloz5645

Jun 30, 2011
look at the setting of the tablet gives you the option for location, via wifi. enable this option, since there is no other way of operating, is a coby kyros mitablet mid7024 and works

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
look at the setting of the tablet gives you the option for location, via wifi. enable this option, since there is no other way of operating, is a coby kyros mitablet mid7024 and works

Yea they doesn't work at least for me anyway.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
Yea they doesn't work at least for me anyway.

Same here.

In a misguided effort to try fixing this when all else is failed, I did the monumentally stupid thing of flashing a newer version of the gapps package. Now my tablet is stuck at the "Touch the Android to Begin" screen. Looks like I have a new project/learning experience in store for me tonight --- getting back to square one .... grrr

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Same here.

In a misguided effort to try fixing this when all else is failed, I did the monumentally stupid thing of flashing a newer version of the gapps package. Now my tablet is stuck at the "Touch the Android to Begin" screen. Looks like I have a new project/learning experience in store for me tonight --- getting back to square one .... grrr

Reboot into recovery. wipe data factory reset and wipe cache should be good

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
I have not been able to get location services to work on my 7024..
I believe it may have to do with permission files under the etc folder. Have not been able to copy files into that folder because I am not rooted, I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
My location servises do not work as well. I really wish there was a way to get around this and get it fixed. Hampers my favorite weather programs and stuff :(