Has Anyone Dealt with ebellking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
they are def fakes, the fact they advertise bluetooth and yet the reasl Zenithink does not support it was enough to convince me, sadly this was after i had ordered, if I have not heard anything by Wednesday i too am going to raise a dispute with paypal. I want to say a few words that i am screaming in my head right now but will try be patient lol!

Jan 23, 2012
Just to put your mind at rest, I ordered a superpad from Ebellking and it arrive a week after ordering. DHL express delivery. Everything was ok until I tried charging the tablet and it didn't work. Left the unit on charge over night and the battery must have got hot and melted the plastic back. Contacted Ebellking who have been very good until this point, was offered an exchange but have requested a full refund, have had to pay for postage back to china but have asked for this to be refunded. Will update once/if I get my refund! Paid by paypal so there is an Insurance policy if Ebellking don't do what they are ment to do.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
tomorrow is the last day for chances for me, it will be 9 days since I placed my order and Chinese new year will be over, if I have no email, tracking number or Tab in my hand then i am raising a dispute with paypal and contacting trades description, these people have a UK based office and Warehouse and therefore come under our regulations etc. I did a lot of research today into this company, something I maybe should have done before, they have numerous names, websites etc apparently ran by the same person.

Thuggy

Jan 21, 2012
Well blow me down, the tablet came today. It was 14 days late but it got here.
Firstly, its not what I ordered. It is definately not a zenithink.
It is 10# not 10.2 and does not have bluetooth. It is android 4.0.3 but the box it came in said it is 2.3....
All in all its not bad for the money I payed.
The seller also included a neoprene case (which smells of petrol) an extra usb cable and a charger adapter.
What its not: is an i-pad or high end tablet.
What it is: for the price, a cheap tablet that isn't that bad. Android market is already on and all of the functions seem to work, time will tell.
To be honest the most impressive thing about this whole nightmare was DHL. From the time of pick up in Hong kong to it hitting my door step it took them 3 days.

What am I going to take from all this? Next time - go to a shop and pay a bit more.

I hope you all get the tablet you asked for .. any questions just ask.

wizzywoo1972

Jan 24, 2012
Hello All :D

I'm another unhappy customer of good ol' EBELLKING!!!! My partner ordered me the 7" Android 2.3 Tablet 1080P 4GB 1Ghz CPU as a present for Christmas, when it arrived all looked good, he charged it in anticipation of my wanting to use it on Christmas Day, he also had a look around the screens and all appeared above board. I even managed to enter my details to access the Android Market, fine, have a nosey at the latest Apps.....! DOH… The GENUINE ANDROID 2.3 they advertise on their wedsite isnt compatible with the UK Android Market! Ok, not a problem, lets see if i can change the country to UK.... nope - no joy. The next time I went to use it, after having charged it, it failed to restart!

So being an understanding (with a fair bit of knowledge of computer operating systems) I thought I would contact Ebellking via email. The first email reply was from a Sales Manager going by the name Peter. His reply appologised for the delay in contacting me "due to our office was closed for new year your message will be reply on 4th-5th Jan 2011"... patiently I waited... I thought I would try their online Chat, well it was the 4th and they would be in their office right....? reply email came "we uk office will be on 12th Jan. and china office on now. you can direct send to china. tks. Luke" (from Peter's email)

Enough's Enough .... I put in a complain to Paypal who advise me that I have to return the item to China (even though their website clearly states... UK office and warehouse stock) So I spend over £18 to send the parcel via Fedex back to Ebellking as advised by Paypal. Having tracked the item to Customs in China where is has been sitting since 20th Jan 2012 stating "A Personal Effects form or self-clearance is required". After many telephone conversations with Fedex, Parcels 2 go and Paypal where I have provided all the contact details of Ebellking as per their website guess what.... I'm still no nearer getting my money back. I can not fault Fedex, Parcel 2 go and Paypal for trying to get this item to Ebellking. Unfortunately the telephone number for their office in China does not exist even though Chinese Customs have tried to contact Ebellking. Today (24 Jan 2012) Paypal have advised that they will give Ebellking 3 days to collect the parcel from Chinese Customs then they will refund me. But i'm still out of pocket for returning the faulty Android Tablet.

My latest thinking is obviously make sure everybody knows about my experience of Ebellking, I personally wouldn't recommend them to anybody, but as I say this is my own person experience. I am sure (and hope) that many of you enjoy your products you have purchased from Ebellking but I will be taking this to the Office of Fair Trading.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and I hope that somebody, somewhere has something totally possitive about this company as at present my opinion is AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! This has really put me off of buying from other online chinese based firms who in all probability genuine Android Tablet suppliers.

wizzywoo1972

Jan 24, 2012
Good Luck with that. I have had a very bad experience with EBELLKING and unfortunately I am out of pocket for returning a faulty Tablet PC. Admittedly Paypal are trying their hardest to contact Ebellking in China (even though their website states UK office and Warehouse). Surely Office of Fair Trading can do something about this company as they claim to have a UK office!

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
Just a quick update, still waiting delivery! After struggling to get any real response from them I initiated a dispute through PayPal, Lo and behold a fast response from this guy called Eric??
He stated that the item was in the UK awaiting customs clearance, he gave me yet another tracking number and that one works, as of the 22nd Jan 2012 it is listed as 'awaiting clearance' Eric? Hmm, anyway he says it takes just 1-2 days to clear customs, we are now on day 3! I have no intention of closing my dispute until I have the item either in my hand or if it gets close to the PayPal deadline I will escalate it to a claim.
I did tackle him on the matter of it being a fake! He adamantly assures me it is genuine? Jackanory comes to mind but hey, if I am not happy with it IF it does arrive, I have no intention of sending it to back to China, he will be told it will be posted to their so-called UK Office in Surrey!!!

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
A quick update guys, I ended up initiating an item not received claim with PayPal as I was so fed up being fobbed off by Ebellking, surprise surprise that got a quick response from so called 'Eric!' He assured me that the item was in the UK and gave me yet another tracking number!
It didn't work with DHL, so I typed it into EMS and lo and behold there it was, it was listed as awaiting clearance! So I responded to him via PayPal, he then replied saying it only takes 1-2 days to clear customs, 'We are now on Day 3!'
I also told him that I thought the tablet they are selling as a Zenithink C91 is not genuine and is in fact a fake, he responded by saying they are GENUINE! Yeah Right!!
This item was paid for on the 12th January 2012!! Sadly I have heard that Trading Standards will not touch them because they re not based in the UK even though they have a so-called UK office! But hey this so called Eric gave me his mobile number!! I dread to think who that will ring, probably the cleaner! ;)

dell

Jan 19, 2012
i still have nothing, no tracking number or replies to my emails. i am getting more and more frustrated by waiting for a tab that by the sounds of it is going to have to be returned to China. By the end of today i will be raising a dispute with paypal and peter or eric might then feel the need to use some of their customer service skills they insist they have on their website.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
This email was sent 5 minutes ago... awaiting reply :)

I am about to raise a dispute with Paypal as the item I ordered on the 16th has not arrived, nor have I had a tracking number or replies to my emails. I await your urgent reply before I take action.
thankyou

dell

Jan 19, 2012
Well blow me down, the tablet came today. It was 14 days late but it got here.
Firstly, its not what I ordered. It is definately not a zenithink.
It is 10# not 10.2 and does not have bluetooth. It is android 4.0.3 but the box it came in said it is 2.3....
All in all its not bad for the money I payed.
The seller also included a neoprene case (which smells of petrol) an extra usb cable and a charger adapter.
What its not: is an i-pad or high end tablet.
What it is: for the price, a cheap tablet that isn't that bad. Android market is already on and all of the functions seem to work, time will tell.
To be honest the most impressive thing about this whole nightmare was DHL. From the time of pick up in Hong kong to it hitting my door step it took them 3 days.

What am I going to take from all this? Next time - go to a shop and pay a bit more.

I hope you all get the tablet you asked for .. any questions just ask.

Hi Thuggy, am so pleased you got yours, no bluetooth is good news lol, on the back of the tab does it have the android symbol and is there a camera button?

dell

Jan 19, 2012
well..... I raised a dispute with Paypal and as suspected got an email from ebellking...

Dear ......
Sorry about wait.Last week it's our new year holiday.
Due to avoid UK duty and tax,parcel will go to our UK warehouse.Then we will post it by Royalmail Recorded Delivery(1-2days).
Please allow us to reply your message within 48hours,as your payment has been refunded by paypal.Can you please pay it again,so we can ship the tablet out.
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Eric

this tab was apparently already shipped out, i never asked for a refund. chances are it was never shipped and refunding me was a good excuse, as for me sending them money again.... no chance!! money not showing in my bank yet but as soon as it is I will be on the lookout for a genuine Zenithink retailer in the UK!!!!

Thuggy

Jan 21, 2012
Well I have been putting most of the apps i have on my phone onto the tablet. The only thing is the shops like Amazon mp3 are in $ not £. Im sure theres a way around this. Yep no bluetoothi good news - on the back there is no android symbol, just two speakers.
I consider myself very lucky to have actually got a tablet that hasn't melted while charging or a broken item.
I am typing this from the tablet and its ok. When uploading apps the app market states this is a Zenithink, but in the system settings there is no sign of this.
I hope you get it all sorted very soon - keep us posted. GL.

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
Had another email from 'Eric' today to tell me the tablet is awaiting clearance! Saying my tablet should be with me soon!!!!
Getting so fed up being told this, so I have decided unless the item is cleared by customs by Friday 27th Jan I will be escalating my PayPal dispute to a Claim, enough is enough :mad:

I will keep you updated.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
I didn't even escalate mine, they refunded immediately, they are now emailing telling me it is sat waiting in their uk office and if I pay now I can have it in 48 hours!!! Am going to pay a wee bit more and get this 10.1" Capacitive Zenithink ZT280-C10 Zepad C91 Cortex A9 Android 2.3 Tablet PC | eBay as soon as the refund is cleared in my bank! nothing but good reviews about that one lol.

quick edit...... as this forum has let me post the link, that's genuine enough for me lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.