Has anyone opened their tablet?

GrayL

Mar 17, 2011
I'm wondering if a RAM increase would be possible, but there isn't any screws in the case... Has anybody opened their Coby Kyros?

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
I'm wondering if a RAM increase would be possible, but there isn't any screws in the case... Has anybody opened their Coby Kyros?

yes just pry the back from the front with your fingernails starting at one of the corners away from the buttons. be very careful not to dislodge the second screen from the double sided tape that holds it on. I have not seen a way to increase the memory because it is part of the board

ken62310

Mar 16, 2011
yes just pry the back from the front with your fingernails starting at one of the corners away from the buttons. be very careful not to dislodge the second screen from the double sided tape that holds it on. I have not seen a way to increase the memory because it is part of the board
is there any space to replace a bigger battery?

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
A bigger battery would be nice, the current 5 hours I'm getting just is not enough. I like at least 10 hours.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
What? Seeing as there's a reset button on the back, without the case wouldn't that be on the inside? Lol