Has anyone successfully rooted an A91 with Gingerbreak?

Discussion in 'Witstech Tablets' started by DanU, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. DanU

    DanU Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2011
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Location:
    Dallas
    Tablet / Device:
    WITSA91
    I tried and got a message that some files were not in the expected location. Has anyone had success rooting this device?
     
  2. DanU

    DanU Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2011
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Location:
    Dallas
    Tablet / Device:
    WITSA91
    Update - success! I actually had two devices. On my first try, i foolishly used z4 and i think it moved some files before it failed, causing a problem for a subsequent attempt with gingerbreak. Gingerbreak worked great on a fresh unit, and im sure if i were to put files back in the expected location on the first one, it would work on that device as well.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  3. fatmanwalking

    fatmanwalking Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    72
    Location:
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    Thank for the report DanU. Should I decided to try an A91 to replace my dead A81, I'll remember your experience with Gingerbreak.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

danu -p tablet