Hav a "MID M9000" 7" Tablet, but cannot find drivers, or even details about the mfg?

Jan 13, 2013
I am comfortable around computers (Programmer 25+ years), but this is my first Android device.

When I connect it to any of my computers, they say they can't find drivers. The unit didn't come with a disc, and only pitiful instructions.

What can I find in the settings on the device that can lead me to a proper model # and/or the manufacturer of the device?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Jan 13, 2013
I have more info.

It seems the company is Global Phoenix Computer Technologies Solutions, website is (www.************). The Serial Number is JHS20JI0CJHA0G. According to the company website, this matches to model # M9000A.

(http://************/firmware/files/M9000/Serial Number Checklist.txt)

However, all documentation on the site point to apps you can install on the device, but no drivers available for interfacing the tablet to PCs or Laptops (it's just assumed that "standard" Android device drivers will be available by the OS?)

However, my Vista laptop fails to recognize the device, so I cannot transfer any files to the device from the laptop. I have also tried other machines with other OSs (XP, Win7, Win8) and none of these identify the device correctly.

Help would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Daniel

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi can you tell me how to start a thread? I being a numpty?

Go to the section of the forum from the forum home page that you want to post in. At the top left you will see a button, "Start a new thead"