Have you ever

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you ever walked into a store for example verizon and shortly after walking in you realized you know more than the people working there do ? just thought I would ask and see if this happens to any one else

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This is really funny. I did exactly the same thing. I walked into the Sprint Store and ended up showing them how the Galaxy Tab was supposed to be used.

They were appreciative and sad. They thought they had a ready customer, but I apologized and said I just wanted to do a couple of performance tests. They said there had been a lot of interest.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Haha i knew it had to be something that happens to other people here and not just me. But at least now they have some more sale points for it and can show people how to use it.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
It can happen sometimes. People may not really like their jobs.

That's a good point I never thought about that. I just expect people that are suppose to help others know stuff. But you make a very valid point

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
lol try explaining to them that Htc DOES make a white and red incredible LOL

haha, everyone tells me i should work at Verizon or a store like that because i know alot, but then i have to remind them i only know alot about Android. I actually was just in a Verizon store the other day and heard someone talking to a Verizon rep about maybe returning their Xoom and getting and Iphone, well i could let that happen so i started talking to them about what i know and answering some of the guys questions. His biggest concern was that his Xoom couldnt video chat with Ipads, or Iphones. So i go over to the display Xoom and video called my buddy who has a Iphone. Every buddy in the store was amazed and after that the Verizon rep asked me if i wanted a job there. Haha i think she was joking but still funny.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Happens pretty regularly...whenever i want to feel like the smartest person in the room for a change I go to the electronics dept at Sears....

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I love when people ask me if my superpad is a phone. I tell them that it is AND I proceed to text them using textfree. You should see their faces.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I love when people ask me if my superpad is a phone. I tell them that it is AND I proceed to text them using textfree. You should see their faces.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

thats smooth

Weapondrift

Mar 26, 2011
haha, everyone tells me i should work at Verizon or a store like that because i know alot, but then i have to remind them i only know alot about Android. I actually was just in a Verizon store the other day and heard someone talking to a Verizon rep about maybe returning their Xoom and getting and Iphone, well i could let that happen so i started talking to them about what i know and answering some of the guys questions. His biggest concern was that his Xoom couldnt video chat with Ipads, or Iphones. So i go over to the display Xoom and video called my buddy who has a Iphone. Every buddy in the store was amazed and after that the Verizon rep asked me if i wanted a job there. Haha i think she was joking but still funny.

Similar story, I went into ATT a year or so before my health issues and my gf bought an Iphone. I proceded to explain how I dislike the phone and its owner and how much the iphone "tells its owner what to do and how to do it." I had every rep in the store angry at me but I got offered a job at the end too lol.