Have you tried the Cyanogen MODS?

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Interesting - wonder if anyone here has tried the Cyanogen Mods for the gTab? Look interesting, as I am a NOOB... leary of flashing...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Most of the Beta and Experimental ROMs are CM-based. I have been using one of their ROMS in one form or another for several months, they are excellent.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Ah I only know them by the names of the ROMs. Not what they are based off of.

BrianHanifin

Mar 24, 2011
Yes. I am a fan of CyanogenMod. I have been running it on my Droid for months, and I have been running various builds on my gtab since I got it last week.

The best build so far is this one which includes some tablet adjustments in CyanogenMod Settings. For example you can move your status bar to the bottom of the screen like on Honeycomb. :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1002000

My dad runs one of the more traditional gtab roms and he is having lots of trouble with the market. With CyanogenMod I have had full market access since day one!

The odd thing about CyanogenMod for the gtab is, unlike the Droid for example, there it's no official rom maintainer. There are several people making independent builds on their own. I think I have tried all of them, and they have all been compatible so upgrading to the newest build had not required a wipe.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yes. I am a fan of CyanogenMod. I have been running it on my Droid for months, and I have been running various builds on my gtab since I got it last week.

The best build so far is this one which includes some tablet adjustments in CyanogenMod Settings. For example you can move your status bar to the bottom of the screen like on Honeycomb. :)
[CM7]Honeycomb/CM tablet tweaks [BUGFIXED RELEASE #1] 04.04.2011 - xda-developers

My dad runs one of the more traditional gtab roms and he is having lots of trouble with the market. With CyanogenMod I have had full market access since day one!

The odd thing about CyanogenMod for the gtab is, unlike the Droid for example, there it's no official rom maintainer. There are several people making independent builds on their own. I think I have tried all of them, and they have all been compatible so upgrading to the newest build had not required a wipe.

Brian - which ROM are you running now?

BrianHanifin

Mar 24, 2011
Brian - which ROM are you running now?

I am running the build of CyanogenMod I linked to above. It runs great and I am very happy with it.

Don't let the forum that message is posted to fool you, the developer creates builds for our gtabs in addition to the nook. :)

Update: I should point out that right now the CyanogenMod 7 roms score slightly lower on quadrant tests than some of the optimized roms. My dad's gtab is running an optimized rom and his gets higher frames per second in tests. However, I like that the CyanogenMod rom works just as well as my Droid. The market downloads everything with no hacks! :)

Last edited:

BrianHanifin

Mar 24, 2011
Fyi, this ROM is almost ready to merge into the official CyanogenMod code! Just in time for the release of CyanogenMod 7.0. I don't think I mentioned it before, but this is a Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) build.

Last edited: