Having problem with Ematic Funtab

tejalfozdar

Dec 9, 2011
I Have Ematic Funtab I am not able to connect the device with my wifi. Would you let me know that is something wrong with the device or the router. My other devices works fine with my wifi router.

tlcamy

Dec 19, 2011
I heard that I have to get a new router, mine is a couple years old and won't support the new tech, so I need to up grade it.. I could not get the kobo book to up load for me, there goes $8:00 there.. Now I have a friend trying to upload the mucis for me, keeping my fingers crossed..

dahcc

Dec 22, 2011
I bought two for grandkids. Wifi does not work on one, the other connects fine but it still sucks. Trouble shooting guide Ematic sent me said to reset using button on the back but did not fix the problem. Both are going back....they suck...the funtabs not the grandkids...LOL.

mnkricau

Dec 17, 2011
I bought two for grandkids. Wifi does not work on one, the other connects fine but it still sucks. Trouble shooting guide Ematic sent me said to reset using button on the back but did not fix the problem. Both are going back....they suck...the funtabs not the grandkids...LOL.

you might want to check out the Nabi from Toys R Us. They are on sale right now for $150. About $50 more than the ematic funtab, but have more pre-dowloaded apps for kids. And I think easier to "navigate" for non-tech savy (not that I am saying you are) people.

These Funtabs are awesome once you get them working, and filled up with stuff, but they are a lot of work LOL

hmlutz

Feb 8, 2012
i am having problems with the funtab i bought my daughter. and of course no replies from the powers that be at ematic.
the main problem is my daughter started it before i could read the directions so some apps are missing. so far it seems to be the my music app. how do it format it (or whatever it is called) to do the start up again only correctly?

smpahmiy

Feb 25, 2012
This tablet has been a nightmare. I have had too many problems to list them all. I have three children and each one received one of these for Christmas along with a 32 GB micro SD card for extra memory. They each hook up to WI-FI when they want to, the apps are slow, netflix doesn't work, and the list goes on and on and on. I have reset them and tried every fix that I have found on the internet. Good luck if you buy one of these. It seems that you have to be a technical genius in order to have one of these work correctly and I cannot help what I am not. So Monday (because tech support is only open M-F boy that is convenient), I will be on hold again waiting for help and hoping they work. So good luck to all.
Sincerely,
Mother of Three Very Disappointed Children

crystalplus2

Sep 20, 2012
Since reseting the tablet and my router when I first got it last Christmas I haven't had an issue with wifi. I did not have high expectations for this tablet. It's for my 7 year old to see how he takes care of it and whether or not he'll get something better in a few years. The problem we're having with it is the touchscreen not being responsive at all. The physical buttons work so the tablet isn't frozen, but will not respond at all to any touch (finger or stylus). With that frustration it tends to not get used for a really long time and then it works again for a couple minutes or for a couple days and then nothing again.

It's never been dropped, the screen isn't scratched, it's kept in a tablet case, and it's clean.

Any ideas?

Sue1956

May 18, 2014
Am waiting for monday to get here so I can call for support for the funtab mini but may someone here can help me.All the preloaded apps are gone from my granddaughters funtab. My daughter said something about resetting and losing everything. Can't ask her about it til much later in the day. Any ideas what to do?