Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Hayley, Dec 1, 2010.
can you tell me the differance bewteen a android 2.1 and a android 2.2?
2.2 can do more than 2.1 the biggest difference is 2.2 can play flash videos
Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App
Thanks for your reply, i am looking at buying a talbet,i want to use it for my collage work? would i be albe to upgrad from 2.1 to 2.2 if needed?
Here is a quick list of the major changes that impact the end user of a 2.2 vs. 2.1 platform:
• Addition of the Phone, Launcher and Browser shortcuts to Home Screen
• Tips Widget for setting up Home Screens
• Pin Security instead of using the older pattern “wipe”
• Remote wipe and reset capability for enterprise users
• Exchange Calendar Support and Integration
• Auto discovery for setup
• Global Address lookup Support
Camera and Gallery
• Zoom and picture “stacking”
• On-screen feature access in camera (zoom, flash, etc)
• Integration direct from camera to social media site
• LED Flash enabled for video
Portable Hotspot support
• Tethering and Wifi hotspot capable depending on device
• Swiping the keyboard now changes keyboard types and auto-correct for multiple language support
Performance (against 2.1 benchmarks, values approximate)
• Browser is 4.5 times faster on Java heavy apps and pages
• 2x-5x performance for CPU Intensive apps from JIT
• 20x better memory performance and reclaimation
• Stagefright – local file playback and HTTP streaming
• OpenCore – improved in 2.2
• Voice Dial over BT
• Contact (vcard) sharing
• BT car and desk dock support
• Highmem support greater than 256Mb
some devices can be upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 but you would have to ask the manufacturers if they are going to upgrade and even if they says yes they might change their mind later and not upgrade.
Thanks For Your Reply, It Lost Me A Bit But Thanks Anyway
Separate names with a comma.