hbo go app

timpanum

Sep 12, 2011
has anybody successfully downloaded the HBO app? I keep getting "purchase cancelled...the item you were attempting to purchase could not be found." Do I have to contact my cable provider(Comcast) to do this? It won't download from the Android Market.

timpanum

Sep 12, 2011
I got a reply from hbo go mobile:
"For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3.The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. We hope to support Honeycomb in the future."

My tablet has been upgraded automatically a couple times already. I could go back I guess. Or not. Oh well.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I got a reply from hbo go mobile:
"For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3.The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. We hope to support Honeycomb in the future."

My tablet has been upgraded automatically a couple times already. I could go back I guess. Or not. Oh well.

You can't go back to Gingerbread (2.3) on your tablet. It never ran 2.3.
You could try installing it on your smartphone (if you have one) and then simply copy it to the tablet and install it, but
there is no guarantee that will work either)