HCL Infosystems Launches two Andoird 4.0 Tablets in India; One is just $150 U.S.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
HTC-ME-U1-tablet-launch.jpg

India is quickly becoming one of the largest consumer-based countries for electronic goods. A new Android tablet was just released there that continues this trend. HCL Infosystems has just officially unveiled and launched a couple of fairly affordable new Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich tablets in India. They are the HCL ME U1 and HCL MyEdu Tab. Here are specs on the HCL ME U1:

• Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating Software (OS)
  • 17 local ready to use applications
  • 7 inch 800X480 pixel screen
  • 1Ghz processor
  • A front camera
  • 512 MB RAM
  • Internal storage of 4GB (expandable to 32GB)
  • Full USB, mini USB and a Micro SD card slot
  • Wi-fi
The device can be had for 7,999 Rs (which equates to about $150 U.S. Dollars). The MyEduTab- K12 Version has the exact same specs, but also includes an additional memory card and additional content. It sells for 9,999 Rs (roughly $220 U.S.). Educational applications and NCERT books are indcluded in this device for free. Finally, there is a MyEduTab- Higher Education(HE) Version priced at Rs. 9, 999 (about $191 U.S.). Both devices will be available in April.

Gautam Advani, EVP & Head, Mobility, HCL Infosystems said, "The tablet market in India is growing at a rapid pace and the device is fast enriching consumer's lives by finding unique usages from a learning companion to a productivity enhancer."

Source: IndiaTimes.com

dpk

Apr 2, 2012
i cant find d sim toolkit option in my hcl am7 a1 tablet n not able to install apps frm google play as cant find google play apps option too.. plz help..