HDMI Adapter - is it worth it?

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
So heading out abroad, figured out how to get my favorite tv programs and access to my home movie archive.

So starting to wonder if worth getting the HDMI adapter to transmit to a TV monitor.

Anyone had experience? Can it handle at least 720p files?

J_Waller

Nov 12, 2011
It works great! I tested it on my tv at home and only problem is that it trimmed a little bit off the bottom of the tablet display. I was able to view video stored on my tablet with no problem. I then used it to demo the tablet at our computer club where I was able to connect to a projector with excellent results. One thing you need to be aware of, the HDMI adaptor has a plugin to attach your power adaptor. You MUST use external power, it will not function without it. I quess they figure it will drain too much from the battery to use it by itself. Plug the pwer adaptor into the HDMI adaptor, HDMI cable into the power HDMI adaptor, and then the HDMI adaptor into the tablet, and you are good to go.

John Waller

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

I bought a Kidigi HDMI dock from amazon for 22gbp its a great neat solution & it charges up the note at the same time, it comes with a mains charger and is very good value in my opinion.
I have seen it on other site with other brands & unbranded.

Mark:cool:

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1339366598121.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1339366598121.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3,057

howdy53

Jul 14, 2013
I just purchased the hdmi adapter for my Samsung Note 10.1 and a GE Ultra pro series 8' HDMI cable with high speed internet. It connects and shows video from the tablet, and streams ok, but the sound quality has a vibratto quality and everything sounds like it's at a higher pitch when played through the tv. I can't tell why. They seem to be good quality cables. Anyone have any suggestions?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just purchased the hdmi adapter for my Samsung Note 10.1 and a GE Ultra pro series 8'I cable with high speed internet. It connects and shows video from the tablet, and streams ok, but the sound quality has a vibratto quality and everything sounds like it's at a higher pitch when played through the tv. I can't tell why. They seem to be good quality cables. Anyone have any suggestions?
Just a question.

Did you know that the HDMI, USB Connnector Kit and other adapters, according to Samsung Support, are not supported or compatible to the Note 10.1?
When they told me this I laughed and told them that they don't know their products. If you like I can post the email just for a good laugh.

By the way do you know of any adapter that is capable of reading a USB drive formatted in NTFS/NFS?