HDMI and will it work????

Aug 8, 2010
I rencently, over the last couple of months, took a couple of long weekend trips. The rooms that I stayed in, i noticed that the tv's were not equiped with HDMI ports.

Is there a micro HDMI to composite video cable out there???? Will the HDMI output of the Iconia even work in this fashion????

If I can find the right cable, I can just throw a few movies on the tablet and watch them in my room.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Is This what your wanting?

Most likely some out there are less, just do a Google search.

Will it work, I really don't know but I do have a friend with a Laptop that has it connected this way since his Laptop doesn't have an HDMI port and he has a large screen HDTV.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That should work, However, be careful disconnecting any cables from a hotel TV. Back in the pre-tablet days, I disconnected the antenna from a hotel TV in order to connect a portable DVD player and security was at my door within minutes. Turns out they had an alarm system that detected it and they thought I was trying to steal the TV.:(

Aug 8, 2010
I did some further reading, found a couple of other forums, they say it won't work.... That hdmi is a digital signal and the composite is analog. I would need to buy a converter box.... I think, if that is the case, this idea is going on the scrap heap......

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I would need to buy a converter box.... I think, if that is the case, this idea is going on the scrap heap......

Good plan, those boxes are not something you'd want to drag around with you. Also, all the boxes I've seen only have an antenna input.