HDMI Does Not Work

kikola

Sep 20, 2012
Hi everybody,

I have a chinese allwinner A10 based tablet with HDMI connector but the problem is that the HDMI option does not appear at Android Settings. Is it normal ???

Somebody have experimented something like this with this A10 tablets ???

The tablet values are:

Model: Q7A-1
Android version: 4.0.3
Versión de Banda Base: 1.0
Kernel version: 3.0.8 (ubuntu@ubuntu-aspire-5750G #2
Compilation NUmber: 4.10-2012/04/01

Anybody can help me please ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards !!!

kodiakblair

Mar 16, 2013
I have the same problem. I gather from other forums our problems stem from Android 4.0.3.
Android 4.0.4 or 4.1 give you HDMI options. I have a Versus DC8 running 4.1.1 that give me
4 different HDMI resolutions.
Sadly I don't have a HDMI screen so was trying to connect my monitor via HDMI to VGA cable
but either the cable doesn't work or the monitor doesn't accept HDMI signals.

So it looks like we have to change to 4.1. Just wish I knew how to do this easily.

Yours
K.B

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I have the same problem. I gather from other forums our problems stem from Android 4.0.3.
Android 4.0.4 or 4.1 give you HDMI options. I have a Versus DC8 running 4.1.1 that give me
4 different HDMI resolutions.
Sadly I don't have a HDMI screen so was trying to connect my monitor via HDMI to VGA cable
but either the cable doesn't work or the monitor doesn't accept HDMI signals.

So it looks like we have to change to 4.1. Just wish I knew how to do this easily.

Yours
K.B

Coby tablets are similar to your description vis a vis 4.03 vs 4.04 HDMI settings.

To make the hdmi work for a digital monitor required a special cable to convert hdmi to DVI.

In addition, the tablet had to be set for 720 hdmi because my monitor is 1280x1024 (not full 1080). The gen 3 coby (ics 4.03) would not work on the monitor (though they work on TV).

Last edited: