HDMI rocks!

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I figured it was time I got around to testing it. I used NetFlix as we have a Samsung Blu Ray player that accesses Netflix also, so it was easy to pop back and forth on the same show and compare. There was no drop off in video quality at all. The sound was very different, as the Blu Ray player is a home entertainment unit and plays through surround speakers and the tablet played through the TV speakers (still stereo and good quality, but no sub woofer). I am very pleased.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I transfer movies from my PC to my tablet to watch on the living room TV. Piece of cake, and of course they look great. WiFi, not so good with high bps video clips. I was going to get a powerline network from the PC to the living room, but I've found that copying the movie to my USB drive is fast and easy. So I have the HDMI port hooked up to the TV, and a USB drive with the movie on the OTG cable. The write speeds with the USB drive are at least 3x what I'd get to the tablet, so it's not much trouble at all.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Speedtest.net (the free app from Play store) says I get over 18M download speed when no one else is on, so WiFi is usually not a bottleneck. I used NetFlix as it was apples to apples; I could pause at almost the exact same spot and then switch back and forth between inputs on the TV. I was more concerned about color vibrancy and separation than frame rate, though neither system was lagging. Source will matter of course. I didn't even bother trying ABC (I side loaded Flash under JB and I can watch ABC videos in the stock browser). I am considering signing up for a free week of Hulu Plus to see how it does.