Headphone jack problem

mosc

Nov 3, 2011
I feel like an idiot but I can't wait get the headphones from my iphone to fit into the vtab. Are they suposed to stick out? Smaller than usual size? The sound is supposed to turn off from the speakers when the phones go in but it doesn't. I assume that's because they're not in a the way? Please help.

terrys

Nov 3, 2011
I had the same issue and tried with 2 different sets of headphones. I read some other posts on the web with people having the same problem. I called Vizio support and they had me reset to factory defaults (don't really know why since the headphone plug physically couldn't fit all the way into the hole and it wasn't a settings issue). Resetting to defaults didn't resolve the issue (no surprise there). So they told me it must be defective and I took it back and exchanged it for another one and now it works. The customer service lady at Vizio acted like she'd never heard of this problem before, which I'm skeptical about.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I've used mine with both the ear buds that came with the accessory package and with a pair of Sony over-the-head earphones I've had for years. They both work in the expected manner, as do my wife's ear buds, on her VTAB, from her accessory package. It is kind of a weird design, because the plugs don't seat all the way to the shell with any of the earphones on either of the tablets.

Jim

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I have had this problem on some ear plug sets, but not others. It may be that the Vizio port has a much lower tolerance than on some other audio devices.

BlueCat

Nov 3, 2011
It is my understanding that the iPhone headset plug is not standard, because there is also a microphone included on the headset. You need to use a standard headset, or there may be an iPhone-to-standard adapter. I have used two headsets, one a standard ear plug, and one a Sony over the ear headset. The Sony was a bit tight, but works fine.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
You can use the TRRS headphones with the VTAB. The button that is used for answering calls works for stopping and starting music playback. I haven't tested any other possible functions.

There is another type of headset out there (I know Motorola uses them on some phone) called OMTP. OMTP vs TRRS Basically the mic and ground locations are switched in an OMTP headset, so make sure that your headset is a traditional TRRS or TRS.

More info on TRS vs TRRS

mosc

Nov 3, 2011
Nothing to do with the ipone headphones, and they're normal. I fixed the problem. I think the jack was just not sitting correctly. I pushed in the phone jack rather forcefully at an angle and it clicked in. Now it goes in and out smoothly.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
I just noticed a weird behavior with Pandora and my headphones.

When I am listening to Pandora with my headphones and unplug them, the sound does not automatically come back on the speaker. It remains off until I close and re-start Pandora and then the sound comes back on the speakers. Kind of an annoyance to do...

Does anyone else have this weird behavior?