Hello All - Huawei E173 Modem Problem

Sarco28

Oct 27, 2011
Just entered the forum, so I just wanted to say hi :eek:) And I really hope you can help me out with a major problem.... I´ve got a serious problem, I got this new: Cheap 7" android 2.2 OS Tablet PC - The thing is I´ve got 3G network card/USB Modem - Huawei E173 - that this tablet should support! Well it doesn´t ??? I keep gettin the message: DAMAGED UDISK!!! it´s NOT damaged, it works fine!!! Now I bought a micro sim card, for the tablet that doesn´t work either, doesn´t fit into the TF slot!!!

So how do I get this thing to get on the Internet with this Huawei E173 modem ?? Please HELP!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Sarco, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new tablet and I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Someone there should be able to help you.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
First of all, a micro SIM has nothing to do with TFlash, which is actually a flash drive/memory while SIM is a chip used by cell fones. You can't use one in another slot and vice-versa...

Secondly, it seems that the tablet is trying to read the virtual CD-ROM that your modem has with drivers for normal computers. There are some commands to disable this virtual CD using terminal commands (AT-something). Look around and you should be able to disable it. Then you will have to find out if Android on your tablet supports a 3G dongle, not all do, and when they do it only works with certain modems...