hello driod world! im really really new to this whole thing.

droid1newbie

Jun 15, 2011
ok i just recently received my first ever drioid/tablet ever. ive been youtubing and reading some of these forums. i just dont know understand what they all mean. im in need of some assistance if someone out there have patients to help me..... :(:confused:.
i just want to upgrade my viewsonic gtablet. i want to have the droid marketplace and be able to download them no problem. and i dont know what tnt or vegan is? and awd launcher and whats rooting and roming???
please some one help me...... i will appreciate it a lot. and im pretty sure it gets annoying but it doesnt hurt to ask sometimes right? hahah
thank-you!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Please read through all the stickies.There is alot of information out there.

droid1newbie

Jun 15, 2011
ya im reading some of them right now. but i still dont know how to install? what to install? pc to the tab? straight from the tab dl?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hold it right there buddy ! Before you do anything, go to Settings -- About Tablet -- Tapu UI Version. If your firmware starts with "1.1", then you are on the 1.1 (old) branch, and you can follow the above link. If your firmware starts with "1.2", then you are on the 1.2 (new) branch, stop and let us know.

Dave,

droid1newbie

Jun 15, 2011
Hold it right there buddy ! Before you do anything, go to Settings -- About Tablet -- Tapu UI Version. If your firmware starts with "1.1", then you are on the 1.1 (old) branch, and you can follow the above link. If your firmware starts with "1.2", then you are on the 1.2 (new) branch, stop and let us know.

Dave,

ya im on the 1.2.
help me dave please and thankyou