Hello Friends need some guidance as I am ripping my hair apart with my Nook Color 8G

kavindia

Apr 23, 2012
Hello and warm regards my friends,

I recently recieved (last week) my Nook Color 8 G shipped with stock 1.4.1.

I tried various SD card CM 7 boot methods and roms including 7.0 stable 7.03 and 7.1 with standard SD card image on a 4 G sandisk microsd

It installls but next boot the screen for android appears, the vol and n button power button works but the touch interface does not ....

Sorry for the rant but I had spent 2 days 4 different cards and god knows how many downloads ..

I am a noob on Nook modding would appreciate if somebody could guide me to the

thread permitting soft modding (SD card) based android running on the new Nook Color 8 G Model

Thank you and again warm regards

Kav

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Nook Color Technical section for you, where the experts on that tablet reside. Once you're safely there, I'm sure my friend JP and some of the other folks there will join the discussion and try to help you. Enjoy that tablet and the forum!

kavindia

Apr 23, 2012
Thank you very much :) much appreciated .. Hoping for some experienced seniors to guide.

Post install at best I have reached this stage
11. You will see blue text Android followed by CM7boot screen followed by a choice of com.android.provision.DefaultActivity or Setup Wizard
but at this point the touch interface does not work for selecting one of the choices
and the volume buttone does not let me permit selection of Setup Wizard

What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:

kavindia

Apr 23, 2012
Thank you very much I am able to Instal CM7 and its running great .. on my Nook Color 8 G
the rom is 7.2rc1
generally stable hAD two occassions of app crash but dont know if that is .. the app or the OS

Thank you very much to all the devlopers and seniors on the forum

Regards

Kav

You're very welcome kavinda. While you're waiting for help to arrive, you might want to look through some of the "Sticky" threads in that section. Namely: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html and http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ogenmod-discussion-roms-kernels-versions.html Hopefully, the author of those will be along soon to help you out.