Hello from California

mikeb916

Jun 1, 2011
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I was looking for a way to connect to the internet when I am away. I don`t like laptops because they are a little to big. So I started looking for a way. I just purchased a 8.4'' Nextbook tablet. It should be here in the next ten days. I am very excited.

Glad I found this forum,
Michael Benti

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. ;) Do you have a smartphone with tethering capabilites? What phone and service provider do you have?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome Mike,
That's the very reason I got a 7" tablet. Unfortunately, I bought a laptop before I realized it would be too clumsy for what I wanted. (The laptop makes a great DVR though, so it wasn't a complete waste.:))

mikeb916

Jun 1, 2011
No actually I don`t have have a cell phone right now. I use at&t right now for internet and home phone.

mikeb916

Jun 1, 2011
Welcome Mike,
That's the very reason I got a 7" tablet. Unfortunately, I bought a laptop before I realized it would be too clumsy for what I wanted. (The laptop makes a great DVR though, so it wasn't a complete waste.:))

Yeah,I never knew tablets existed I have seen people reading books with them. I just didn`t know about the other things they can do. With the help of this forum I want to customize mine.

beastman

May 8, 2011
You know that tablets can also be used to watch movies using Qqplayer or other programs, youth first you'll need to convert the dvd to avi, mpeg4 or other format compatable with the tablet. Some tablets have a full size Usb port so you can put the movie on a Usb thinned drive.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

mikeb916

Jun 1, 2011
After reading a bunch of things in this site I went back to finger hut and sent a cancellation e-mail to cancel my order for the Nextbook3. I hope I am not to late. It doesnt seem very customizable and the next generations of tablets look way better. 300 battery charges and then it dies!? Is this normal in the tablet world?

mikeb916

Jun 1, 2011
i just got mu acer iconia windows 7 edition and I am very impressed. It is heavier than I thought but all in all I can only imagine where they go from here in the tablet world.