Hello From Central CT

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
hey folks,

glad to find this site. been obsessed with my moto droid running insanely clean oc at 1.2ghz orange nightmare. my wife calls it an a problem!

i want to purchase a tablet, hoping to get the information i need to purchase. i see none run 2.2 because of google requires 3g to identify? will tablets ever get 2.2? looking for opinions as to what tablets people are excited about. i have read good and bad about the augen gentouch. i'm looking to spend around $250 what is my best bet as far as hacking, theming and just messing around? thanks, glad to be apart of the commuinty.

~g

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
welcome to the forums i to am just like you i have done everything i can with my droid and am now messing with tablets. and your right on the 2.2 no tablets has it yet but over at androidtime.com they say some of their tablets are 2.2 ready (dont know what that means) and i have tried to email them about it but havent been able to send out an email through their contact page. but a great place to buy tablets is www.euogo.com i have bought several from them and they are great

twees

Jul 30, 2010
welcome from another CT'er...i bought my first tablet...nothing hellacrazy or anything but im excited. and i second euogo.com. communication has been excellent. i ordered on the 30th and it got shipped out on the 1st!

christim

Jun 12, 2010
This must be the CT thread. I'm just west of Hartford and like gmurphy have had tons of fun with my moto-Droid since last November when I got it.

Good chance my first tablet purchase won't be for me though. My mother in law turns 80 this fall and the PC we got her 4 years ago has seen better days. She basically uses it for some solitaire, email and browsing the web on her dial up connection so this might be a good alternative. We've contacted the cable company ISP in her area and they are doing a study to see if getting high speed net access to her is feasible or not. So far the first set of studies looks promising. With a mid October time-frame things are looking on track for this.

It will be interesting to see if these tablets get rooted and whether or not their bootloaders will be locked down.